The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Our Tourism Source Market Insight - Germany (2020) report provides a thorough insight into the German domestic and outbound tourism markets. The report looks at the profiles of German tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the German outbound travel market.
- Sun and beach tourism is extremely popular in Germany, with over a half of all German tourists typically going on sun and beach holidays (57%).
- Nearly three-quarters of holidays in Germany are domestic.
- City breaks are the second most common tourism type for Germans; with nearly half traveling to cities for their holidays.
- Europe dominates the German tourism market with the top 13 most popular countries all being European destinations. Trips to European countries made up over 80% of all trips in 2019.
- This report is part of GlobalData’s Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the German outbound travel market.
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in Germany’s domestic and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of German tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions