The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Malayan Banking Berhad (Maybank) offers a range of personal banking, wholesale banking, investment banking, private banking, online banking, and insurance products and services. Its personal and wholesale banking product and service portfolio includes mortgage, car, equipment, and personal loans; debit and credit cards; savings, current, cash, and Islamic accounts; trade finance; custody and clearing services; personal accident plans; and share margin financing. It also provides wealth management and treasury services and takaful insurance products. It has a presence in 18 countries and is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Launched in 2016, Maybank Sandbox is a virtual developer platform that allows fintech startups and technologists in Southeast Asia to collaborate, experiment, incubate, and prototype concepts.
This report provides insights into Maybank’s digital transformation strategies, accelerator programs, and innovation centers. It gives an overview of its technology initiatives, covering partnerships and product launches, as well as insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits. In addition, the report includes details of the company’s estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts.
In 2015, Maybank established an innovation center in Kuala Lumpur, with the aim of developing new digital initiatives and promoting an innovative culture within the group. The innovation center enables Maybank to research, test, and develop prototypes of fintech applications and platforms that align with the group’s operations.
Initiated in April 2015, MaybankFintech is an annual program that invites startups and SMEs to pitch their ideas and potentially collaborate with the bank on product co-branding, technical product integration, and white labeling.
In March 2015, Maybank partnered with technology accelerator 1337 Ventures to discover startups in Southeast Asia and provide them with access to its customer base, technical resources, co-working space, and funding.
- Maybank aims to be the digital bank of choice in the region in line with its 2020 strategic objectives and is focused on building a differentiated, robust, resilient, and sustainable digital ecosystem that puts the customer at the forefront.
- Maybank has embraced digitalization to improve its services and enhance customer experiences. It launched e-banking platform Maybank2u, providing a consolidated view of its products and helping customers manage their savings and insurance.
- Maybank is organizing several training programs, events, and hackathons in order to equip employees with the required technical skills.
- Maybank is prioritizing its data management capabilities to transform how it mines, manages, analyzes, and monetizes data. It developed a universal data lake to securely and efficiently handle huge volumes of data.
- The key technology themes under focus for Maybank include AI, big data, blockchain, cybersecurity, the cloud, and RPA.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Maybank’s fintech operations.
- Gain insights into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into its various product launches and partnership strategies.