The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Tesco Plc (Tesco) is a worldwide retailer of general merchandise. The company carries out business through both offline and online channels. It operates stores in multiple formats differentiated by size and range of products sold, including large, small, dotcom only, and one-stop. Tesco offers a wide array of food and non-food products, including fresh food, bakery, frozen food, grocery, toys and games, home and entertainment products, consumer electronics and electrical goods, drinks, baby products, garden, clothing, household appliances, pets, and health and beauty products. It also provides retail banking and insurance services in UK through its subsidiary Tesco Bank in the UK. The company has expanded its business presence across the UK & ROI, Europe and Asia.
Tesco has always been proactive in capturing data, be it consumer, product, operational, or market related to derive valuable insights from it and use the same to improve its operations, tap new opportunities, provide better services, achieve greater customer satisfaction, and most importantly, make better decisions.
Tesco is building a robust data infrastructure and moving from traditional warehousing to using Hadoop as its data lake framework to enable teams across different business functions to get insights from data, irrespective of location.
Tesco has been using a range of analytical solutions to analyze the data it generates and derive meaningful insights from it. It is also beginning to integrate AI & ML algorithms across different platforms from improving internal applications like driver routing to upgrading customer-end apps to enable shopping through use of Google home assistant device.
The report provides information and insights into Tesco’s activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and digital innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Tesco is tapping the power of digitalization, cloud, alternative reality, artificial intelligence, robotics, digital media, mobile & mobile payments, social media, frictionless shopping, cybersecurity, batteries, big data, connectivity, and IoT technologies for enhancing its operational efficiency and driving customer engagement.
- Tesco established Tesco Labs as an R&D center with an aim of developing new products, services, and experiences serving the needs of customers and businesses through use of established as well as emerging technologies. The lab has an R&D team that focuses on driving innovation and identifying technologies that can help the company transform its retail ecosystem and compete with leading retail players.
- To improve its operating model, Tesco has invested in digital in-store initiatives like Electronic Shelf Edge Badges, which eliminate the need for employees to change paper labels manually, and in-store video cameras, that detect stock on shelves and cashless stores.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Tesco’s retail operations.
- Gain insights into its digital strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various partnerships of Tesco Plc.