Caterpillar Inc (Caterpillar) is a construction, transportation, and energy equipment manufacturer that designs, markets and sells construction, diesel-electric locomotives, mining and forestry equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, and industrial gas turbines.
Caterpillar’s core technology strategy “the Age of Smart Iron” is focused on bringing new digital solutions leveraging technologies like IoT and predictive analytics to maximize the customer experience.
Caterpillar manufactures heavy-duty equipment equipped with IoT sensors for its clients. It has launched CAT Connect, a digital telematics solution, to offer various levels of connectivity and data analysis to Inform, Advise, and Partner.
Caterpillar also collaborated with Nevada, to automate underground loaders and allow operators to work safely from a control room.
The report provides information and insights into Caterpillar’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator programs & innovation centers
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Caterpillar aims to strengthen its digital culture by hiring digital talent, introducing innovation programs, and digitizing its workspace. For instance, it has appointed Ogi Redzic as Vice President & Chief Digital Officer & head its digital-enabled solutions division (DESD). CAT Digital also recruited Andrei Khurshudov, as Director, advanced IoT analytics.
- To improve its operating model, Caterpillar is focusing on strategic partnerships and tapping into new opportunities. Caterpillar partnered with Newmont for underground vehicle automation, to develop underground hard rock mining vehicle technology.
- Caterpillar collaborated with Peoria Public Schools to pilot a new program, E4Life, for attracting and retaining digital talent. The program focused on addressing economic foundation, education, employment, and essential skills like teamwork and communication for scalability and to monitor its key metrics and business performance.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Caterpillar’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investments and acquisition strategies.