The global tactical data link market is projected to record a CAGR of 6.14%, across the forecast years of 2019 to 2028. The key factors promoting the market growth include, the rising importance of modern warfare techniques, increased geopolitical tension and security threats, growing demand for improves interoperability, and need for accurate and real-time information on the battlefield.
The tactical data link involves using data link standards for communicating tactical information through cables and radio waves. This technology is primarily used by military forces, across distinct applications, including intelligence, command and control, electronic warfare and radio communication, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR). The rise in unmanned autonomous vehicles (UAVs), in modern warfare is facilitating the tactical data link market. They can either be remote-controlled or remote-guided vehicles, capable of deciphering the environment, and rendering accurate navigations. Moreover, the development of autonomous weapons (smart weapons) and installing weaponry on crewless vehicles potentially produce autonomous combat transports. They are equipped with data links, in addition to smart cameras, and are capable of independent search and engagement. As a result, the applications of unmanned autonomous vehicles propagate the demand for tactical data. They can also be implemented as a measure of enabling standardized and secure communication among military automobiles. However, the loss of information across different link types and stringent military standards restrict market growth.
The geographical segmentation of the global tactical data link market growth comprises the Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and the rest of the world. The North America tactical data link market is projected to continue a surging trend, in terms of revenue share and CAGR, due to government funding promoting military modernization programs, combined with an increased defense budget. Additionally, the government’s military initiatives to develop C4ISR systems are anticipated to bolster the regional market’s growth. The United States’ involvement amid the war-stricken Middle East has further facilitated the requirement for C4ISR systems.
The competitive rivalry in the market is predicted to remain high, across the forecast period. Enterprises in the market are adopting numerous strategies like product development, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations, to continue establishing their presence. Some of the distinguished companies in the market include L3harris Technologies Inc, ViaSat, General Dynamics, Raytheon, Collins Aerospace, etc.
Our report offerings include:
- Explore key findings of the overall market
- Strategic breakdown of market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Challenges)
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years, along with 3 years of historical data for all segments, sub-segments, and regions
- Market Segmentation cater to a thorough assessment of key segments with their market estimations
- Geographical Analysis: Assessments of the mentioned regions and country-level segments with their market share
- Key analytics: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Vendor Landscape, Opportunity Matrix, Key Buying Criteria, etc.
- Competitive landscape is the theoretical explanation of the key companies based on factors, market share, etc.
- Company profiling: A detailed company overview, product/services offered, SCOT analysis, and recent strategic developments