IT Hardware Global Industry Guide 2015-2024
Global IT Hardware industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global IT Hardware industry. Includes industry size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of industry growth trends and leading companies.
- The IT Hardware market includes all physical components integral to computing. The total market values include client computing hardware (desktop PCs, notebook PCs, fixed phones and adaptors, scanners and imaging devices standalone printers, thin-clients and workstations), networking hardware (Ethernet hubs and switches, Ethernet routers, WAN CPE and termination equipment, WAN multi-service switches, WLAN access points, WLAN cards and WLAN switches and appliances), security hardware (content-filtering and anti-spam appliances, encryption/SSL accelerators, firewall and VPN gateways, smart card readers and smart cards), servers hardware (high-end servers, low-end servers and mid-range servers) and storage hardware (hard-disk drives, NAS filers and arrays, NAS gateways, SAN adaptors and connectors and SAN disk arrays).
- Figures presented in this report are calculated applying the "middle path" scenario - this is based on the current situation in countries where the epidemic burst first, like China as a model countries and the announcements made by governments, stating that the abnormal situation may last up to six months.
- The assumption has been made that after this time the economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before the pandemics by the end of the year. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen back in 2008 due to announced pay-outs across countries.
- At the moment of preparation of this report in April 2020 the economic implications of the lock downs of many economics are still very difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemics could last, the number of sectors forced to stay closed and the scale of the governmental’ aid involved. At the same time the weight of the pandemic seriousness is applied on the individual countries in this report based on death to population ratio recorded in countries.
- Majority of the industries will see the decline in volume of the goods and services offered by companies. Usually the lower demand would cause the decrease the prices level. However, amid many governments’ ordered for many industries to lock down and so the supply chain is distorted that in great pictures mitigate the results of lower demand.
- Applied scenarios differ depending on the individual sector, however generally sectors which involves intensive manual labor and face to face interaction seem to be hit the most by present situation. On the other hand the internet based businesses as well as the producers of the vital, subsisted products and services seems to take advantages of the current events.All currency conversions are calculated at constant average annual 2019 exchange rates.
- The global IT Hardware market had total revenues of $1,115.6bn in 2019, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -0.8% between 2015 and 2019.
- The Client Computing Hardware segment was the market’s most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $890.3bn, equivalent to 79.8% of the market’s overall value.
- PC shipments were up in 2019, with upgrades to Windows 10 being the main driving force of growth in client computing hardware sales, which increased by 0.5%. Component shortages from Intel Corp, a large supplier for all PC vendors, slowed growth
in that segment despite strong demand.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global IT Hardware industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global IT Hardware industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key IT Hardware industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global IT Hardware industry with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global IT Hardware industry by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the global IT Hardware industry in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global IT Hardware industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global IT Hardware industry?