Air Freight Global Industry Almanac 2015-2024
Global Air Freight industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: sector size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the sector.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global air freight sector. Includes sector size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of sector growth trends and leading companies.
- The air freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by air.
- Units of volumes are measured in freight ton-kilometers (FTK). Air freight volumes, consisting of freight, express, and diplomatic bags, include both domestic and international freight which for the purposes of this report are counted at each flight stage.
- Value represents the revenue obtained by airline companies from freight transportation.
- Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
- Figures presented assumed the "middle path" scenario - this is based on the current situation in countries where the epidemic burst first, like China, and the anticipation announced by governments, stating that the abnormal situation may last up to six months. The assumption has been made that after this time the economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before the epidemics by the end of the year. It is also assumed that there will be no widespread crisis as seen back in 2008 due to announced pay-outs across countries.
- At the moment of preparation of this report in April 2020 the economic implications of the lock downs of many economics are still very difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemics could last, the number of sectors forced to stay locked and the scale of the governmental’ aid involved.
- The weight of the pandemic seriousness is applied on the individual countries in this report based on death to population ratio.
- The global air freight sector had total revenues of $121,307.0m in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6% between 2015 and 2019.
- Sector consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 3.3% between 2015 and 2019, to reach a total of 204,006.9 million FTK in 2019.
- The Asia-Pacific region is the largest sector globally, accounting for 43.9% of the air freight sector’s total value in 2019; China is the largest sector within the region, accounting for 30.2% of its total value. Overall, growth has been more profound in the Asia-Pacific region and more restricted in the European region.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global air freight sector
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global air freight sector
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key air freight sector players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global air freight sector with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global air freight sector by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the global air freight sector in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global air freight sector?
- How has the sector performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global air freight sector?