The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Grupo Financiero Banorte (Banorte) is a financial services group that offers a range of banking and related financial solutions. It provides retail and commercial banking, brokerage, retirement and insurance solutions, asset management, and other solutions. Its product portfolio includes savings, checking, and payroll accounts; debit and credit cards; mortgages; personal and auto credit; term investment funds; short- and long-term credit; and investment products. Banorte also offers insurance coverage for risks, as well as leasing, asset management, remittance, international banking, internet banking, and mobile banking services, among others.
In July 2018, Banorte and 11 other companies and academic institutions, including ALFA, CEMEX, Deacero, FEMSA, IBM, Neoris, and the University of Monterrey, established the Monterrey Digital Hub to create a digital transformation ecosystem in Mexico.
In 2018, Banorte launched Cells, a group of multi-disciplinary teams that combine entire organizations to develop initiatives that are focused on enhancing customer experiences. Through this initiative, Banorte evaluates and prioritizes initiatives across digital banking and self-service channels, providing customers with the highest-impact omni-channel experiences.
This report explores Banorte’s fintech activities. It provides extensive insights into its digital transformation strategies and innovation programs, as well as an overview of its technology initiatives, covering partnerships and product launches. In addition, the report includes details of the company’s estimated ICT budget for 2020 and major ICT contracts.
- Banorte is strengthening its focus on the use of innovative technologies to enhance its digital banking capabilities. Cloud, AI, blockchain, cybersecurity, big data, and robotic process automation are among the technologies the company is focusing on.
- The company entered into a 10-year strategic agreement with IBM in 2013 to create a new customer-centric banking model. IBM helps Banorte implement big data and analytics technologies across the company’s customer service channels and deliver personalized products and services.
- It leverages its proprietary payment engine to process around 50 million transactions per month. It applies biometric verification technologies to offer secure banking services to its more than 12 million customers.
- Banorte offers several digital banking solutions including mobile banking apps, social network-based payment solutions, smartphone tools, and virtual assistants to help customers carry out banking transactions from any location. Banorte initiated the Branch Transformation Project and introduced various self-service initiatives such as kiosks and mobile branches, in order to increase efficiencies, reduce operational costs, and enhance customer experiences.
- Banorte is strengthening its security by using AI and machine learning tools to continuously monitor fraudulent activities across e-commerce businesses and combat money laundering.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Grupo Financiero Banorte’s fintech operations.
- Gain insights into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into its various product launches and partnership strategies.