Toyota Motor Corp. (Toyota) is a manufacturer of automobiles. It designs, manufactures, assembles and sells minivans, passenger cars, sport-utility vehicles, recreational and, commercial vehicles including trucks and related parts and accessories. The company also manufactures and finances Toyota vehicles to its dealers and customers for the purchase or lease. The company also extends its businesses into the fields of housing, financial services, telecommunications, and information technology. Toyota operates manufacturing facilities in several cities across Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and Middle East. It also operates research and development operations across China, the US, and Japan.
Toyota is emphasizing on accelerating digital growth and serve clients better. It is investing in emerging technologies to maintain its segment operations, drive site traffic and revive its business prospects amid COVID-19. Toyota Philippines has teamed up with Appier for customer targeting, geo-targeting, and cross-screen targeting to improve website traffic, provide personalized services like assistance on existing loans, warranty, new financing package and maintenance to its customers and increase its slow down sales. Moreover, Toyota is focusing on developing electric vehicle based on the customer demands.
Toyota AI Ventures along with Toyota Research Institute (TRI) launched The Call for Innovation initiative to promote innovations around robotics technology. It made a significant amount of investment in startups working on mobile technologies for assistive robots
The report provides information and insights into Toyota Motor’s activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and digital innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships and investments.
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Toyota is tapping key disruptive technologies to enhance its operational and service capabilities. Artificial intelligence, IoT, big data, cloud, blockchain, alternative reality, batteries, robotics, and quantum computing are the key technologies under focus.
- Toyota along with Toyota Financial Services Corporation launched a virtual organization named Toyota Blockchain Lab. The unit aims to explore, verify, and test the potential use cases of blockchain technology in collaborations with group businesses.
- Toyota has officially started construction of the Woven smart city project at Toyota Motor East Japan in partnership with?Woven Planet Holdings. This programmable?city includes three types of streets linked to each other?dedicated to work on autonomous vehicles, pedestrians, and for personal mobility vehicles along with underground road for transportation.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Toyota automotive operations.
- Gain insights into its digital strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various partnerships of Toyota Motors.