The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Launched in 2018, Toyota Research Institute-Advanced Development (TRI-AD) is a software and technology company aimed at developing fully-integrated software for automated driving.
Launched in 2017, Toyota Next is an open innovation program that promotes development of new products and services in collaboration with companies participating in the program.
In April 2019, Toyota along with Toyota Financial Services Corporation launched a virtual organization named, Toyota Blockchain Lab. The unit aims to explore, verify and test the potential use cases of blockchain technology in collaborations with group businesses.
Founded in 2016, TRI is exploring advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science to develop technologies that help Toyota in developing more safe, accessible, and environment friendly cars.
The report provides information and insights into Toyota’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches and investments
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Toyota is tapping key disruptive technologies to enhance its operational and service capabilities. AI, machine learning, big data, blockchain, cloud, robotics, 3D printing, IoT, cybersecurity, electric vehicles, alternative reality, and quantum computing are the key technologies under focus.
- Toyota leverages several digital technologies to implement its digital transformation strategies. It is majorly focused on autonomous vehicles and has produced a range of advanced electric vehicles. Over the years, Toyota has been using a wide range of digital solutions to transform its business operations. It also established strategic partnerships with several technology firms to drive innovation.
- Since the 1980s, Toyota is driving innovation and technology developments through a dedicated R&D team including scientists, researchers, and engineers around the globe. The unit focuses on research in the field of automated driving technologies, and it has implemented self-driving technologies to facilitate convenience to passengers and reduce the cases of accidents.
- Toyota AI Ventures along with Toyota Research Institute (TRI) launched The Call for Innovation initiative to promote innovations around robotics technology. It made a significant amount of investment in startups working on mobile technologies for assistive robots.
- Toyota has signed strategic partnerships with many technology companies, including Microsoft, IBM, Discovery Communications, Amazon, and niche solution providers, for developing or gaining access to advanced technologies.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Toyota’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships and investment strategies of Toyota.