Global soaps market is projected to grow from around $ 24 billion in 2019 to $ 40 billion by 2025, on account of increasing personal disposable income, rapid urbanization coupled with rising concerns for maintaining good hygiene. Moreover, expanding population, increasing consciousness and awareness about COVID-19 disease, is further boosting demand for soaps across the globe.
In terms of types, the global soaps market is categorized into bar soaps and liquid soaps. Liquid soaps category witnessed faster growth over the last five years and is projected to grow at a higher pace than solid soaps throughout the forecast period as well. The liquid soaps segment has captured the majority share in the market due to ease and comfort level which consumer get while using them than solid soaps, resulting in rising sales of liquid hand wash and bath & showers gels. Also, rising use of loofahs with shower gels, add more convenience during bathing than solid soaps owing to which the liquid soaps category has been witnessing significant growth and is anticipated to maintain its dominance in the coming years.
Regionally, the global soaps market is dominated by Asia-Pacific, followed by North America and Europe. Growth in APAC soaps market is majorly attributable to the region’s expanding population coupled with rapid urbanization and presence of major manufacturers of soaps in the region.
Some of the major players operating the global soaps market include Unilever, The Procter & Gamble Company, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Henkel AG & Company, KGaA, Colgate-Palmolive Company, among others.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2015-2018
- Base Year: 2019
- Estimated Year: 2020
- Forecast Period: 2021-2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of global soaps market
- To classify and forecast global soaps market based on type, by distribution channel and regional distribution
- To identify drivers and challenges for global soaps market
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global soaps market
- To conduct pricing analysis for global soaps market
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players involved in the global soaps market
Key Target Audience:
- Soaps manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and stakeholders
- Potential investors
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to soaps market
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders such as manufacturers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, global soaps market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Bar Soaps
- Liquid Soaps
- Modern Trade
- Traditional Trade
- United Kingdom
- United States
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia