Airlines Global Industry Almanac 2014-2023
Global Airlines industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global airlines industry. Includes industry size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of industry growth trends and leading companies.
- The airlines industry comprises passenger air transportation, including scheduled flights but excluding air freight transport.
- Industry volumes are defined as the total number of passengers carried on all airlines within the specified country or region, segmented by international and domestic passengers. For the US and Canada, transborder passengers departing from either country are considered as part of the international segment.
- Industry value is defined as the total revenue obtained by airlines from transporting those passengers, calculated by applying the average revenue per passenger and applying this to passenger volumes.
- All currency conversions in this profile were carried out using constant 2018 average annual exchange rates.
- The global airlines industry had total revenues of $682.0bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% between 2014 and 2018.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 6.2% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 3,930.4 million passengers in 2018.
- The growth of economies, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region, is leading to increasing income. This has been an important factor for the stimulation of demand for flights in recent years.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global airlines industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global airlines industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key airlines industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global airlines industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global airlines industry by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the global airlines industry in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global airlines industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global airlines industry?