As part of its 2017-20 Strategic Plan, KBC aims to invest ?1.5bn towards innovation and digital transformation, helping place the group at the forefront of technological innovations and develop customer-oriented products and services.
KBC Group is fostering innovation by establishing partnerships with several technology companies and key industry players. It has also launched its innovation hub to develop solutions that enhance its customers’ experience. KBC mainly partners with companies which enable it to enhance the efficiency of its operations and develop innovative solutions for its individual and business customers.
KBC has implemented and launched a number of initiatives focused on developing modern technologies in the banking sector. These initiatives were introduced in order to scale and invest in potential startups that help transform its business operations.
KBC Group is tapping the power of the Internet of Things, AI, blockchain, mobile, big data, e-commerce, alternative reality, cybersecurity, cloud computing and office of the future technologies to achieve operational efficiency and provide innovative solutions that enhance the banking experience for its customers.
The report provides information and insights into KBC Group’s fintech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator/incubation programs & innovation initiatives
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships and product launches
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits.
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts.
- In 2017, KBC announced a three-year, ?1.5bn investment program for innovation and digital transformation. As part of this digital-first strategy, KBC Innovation Hub was built in Dublin to develop and test digital solutions for customers in Ireland, with plans to further roll this out across other markets.
- KBC is collaborating and partnering with several e-commerce companies and tech firms like Amazon, BrightAnalytics, and Sony to gain access to a range of technology solutions. KBC also co-founded blockchain consortium, we.trade, to simplify domestic and international commerce for European companies.
- As part of its digital strategy, KBC partnered with Deloitte in April 2019 to implement its T24 core banking system at its Slovak ?SOB and Hungarian K&H banks.
- KBC’s omni-channel strategy aims to strengthen the company’s service delivery in stores, on mobile apps, and on websites, among other channels.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into KBC Group’s fintech operations.
- Gain insights into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches and partnership strategies of KBC Group.