The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“Increasing demand from automobile, textile and leather industries to drive the overall growth of polyurethane dispersion market”
The polyurethane dispersion (PUDs) market size is expected to grow from USD 2.4 billion in 2019 to USD 3.4 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period. The PUDs market is driven by various factors, such as high demand from textile & leather industry, and increasing usage in paints & coatings application. The growth of these industries is anticipated to further propel the growth of the market over the forecast period. However, fluctuating raw material prices are likely to hinder the growth of the market.
Solvent-free polyurethane dispersions to drive the global market during the forecast period
The polyurethane dispersion market has been segmented based on types into solvent-free and low solvent systems. Among these types, the solvent-free segment accounted for the largest share of the market in 2018 and is likely to witness significant growth over the forecast period. The growth in this segment is attributed to its increasing in various application such as paints & coatings due to its excellent mechanical & physical properties and low VOC content. These factors are expected to drive demand during the forecast period.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Paints & coatings segment expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period
Paints & coatings application is growing rapidly owing to the rising demand for PUD-based coatings in automotive and construction on account of its excellent abrasion resistance and low VOC content. Furthermore, PUD-based paints & coatings exhibit exceptional crosslinking properties, which helps in preventing water and chemical from reaching the substrate. These factors are expected to drive the demand for polyurethane in paints & coatings application.
APAC is expected to record the highest growth rate during the forecast period
APAC is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period, due to the increasing usage of polyurethane dispersion in various end-use applications such as paints & coatings, and adhesive & sealants which are consumed in massive quantities by the automotive and construction industries. China, India, Japan, and South Korea provide enormous opportunities for the polyurethane dispersion market due to the presence of a large manufacturing sector. On the other hand, North America is projected to hold the second-largest market size during the forecast period.
In-depth interviews were conducted with Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), marketing directors, other innovation and technology directors, and executives from various key organizations operating in the PUDs marketplace.
- By Company Type - Tier 1: 30%, Tier: 40%, and Tier 3: 30%
- By Designation - C Level: 30%, Managers: 50%, Others : 20%
- By Region – APAC: 40%, Europe: 30%, North America: 10%,Middle East & Africa: 10% and South America: 10%
The polyurethane dispersion market comprises major solution providers, such as Dow Chemical Company (US), BASF SE (Germany), Mitsui Chemical Inc. (Japan), Covestro AG (Germany), Huntsman Corporation (US), Lubrizol Corporation (US), Cytec Solvay Group (Belgium), Perstorp AB (Sweden), Chase Corporation (US), Lanxess AG (Germany), Lamberti SPA (Italy), Rudolf GMBH (Germany), and Alberdingk Boley GmbH (Germany). The study includes an in-depth competitive analysis of these key players in the PUDs market, with their company profiles, recent developments, and key market strategies.
- The report covers the polyurethane dispersion market based on type, application, and region.
- This study aims at estimating the size and future growth potential of the market across various segmentation types. It also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key market players, along with their profiles and key growth strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
- The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market with information on the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall PUDs market and the sub-segments.
- This report will help stakeholders understand the competitive landscape and gain more insights to position their businesses better and to plan suitable go-to-market strategies.
- The report also helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.