Our "Telecom Industry Business Confidence Report 2019", examines executives’ opinion about the business environment during May 2019-April 2020. It also highlights current economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth prospects, spending models, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region, and company size and type.
The majority of executives expect the current economic conditions to remain stable with regards to its impact on the telecom sector over the next 12 months, while 27% of respondents indicate a favorable opinion about the existing global economic state. Moreover, with upcoming 5G deployments, increased digital content and adoptions, rising competition within the telecom sector and other technology disruptions happening (such as SDN and NFV), companies are making substantial investments in order to remain relevant in fast-changing market scenarios. Globally, 73% of telecom industry executives have positive expectations for their company’s growth over the next 12 months, while 61% feel the same about the industry’s growth. Furthermore, supplier prices for digital/content services will increase by 2.3% on average over the next 12 months, whereas, supplier prices for fixed voice services will fall by 2.2%. Additionally, cost concern, skill shortage, and regulatory intervention are the most pressing concerns for the telecom industry.
What else does this report offer?
- The current state of the economy with regards to its impact on the telecom industry: examines predominating economic conditions globally and across specific regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides executives’ opinions on the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next 12 months
- Change in level of customer confidence: analyzes respondents’ sentiments surrounding the shift in the level of customer confidence within the telecom industry during May 2019-April 2020
- Supplier prices outlook: determines the expected variation in supplier prices across different categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: anticipates and tracks the shift in staff headcount and sales growth during May 2019-April 2020 among industry executives both globally and regionally
- Investment Projection & activities: highlights different areas in which industry executives intend to spend and invest over the next 12 months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for the coming 12 months
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
- The majority of executives expect the current economic conditions to remain stable with regards to its impact on the telecom sector over the next 12 months. The more positive outlook was seen among respondents from organizations that operate in North America
- Surveyed executives are positive about how consumer confidence will change within the telecom industry over the next 12 months
- On average, overall sales within the telecom industry are expected to increase by 4% during May 2019-April 2020, wherein, North America and the Rest of the World will see the highest improvement in sales performance
- Respondents who operate in Europe and North America identify skill shortage and cybercrime, respectively, as the pressing worries of their company for the coming 12 months
- Overall, telecom industry executives anticipate prices of digital/content services to rise by an average of 2.3% during May 2019-April 2020
Reasons To Buy
- Assists companies to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing market conditions and sentiment within the telecom industry
- Supports organizations in business expansion decisions by providing information concerning the projected variation in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps telecom enterprises in aligning themselves according to the latest market trends and prevailing sentiments, by comprehending the essential priorities and major concerns within the industry
- Serves to adjust investment allocation by outlining key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during 2019