“The non-woven adhesives market is projected to register a CAGR of 8.71%, in terms of value, during the forecast period.”
The non-woven adhesives market size is projected to grow from USD 2.0 billion in 2018 to USD 3.1 billion, by 2023. The market is witnessing high growth due to rising demand from emerging applications such as baby care, feminine hygiene, and adult incontinence. The APAC market exhibits strong growth potential between 2018 and 2023. The region accounted for the largest market share, in terms of value, of the overall non-woven adhesives market in 2017. Furthermore, this market is projected to witness the highest CAGR due to the growing demand from end users.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Stagnant growth is observed in the baby diaper market in developed regions due to declining birth rates and very high diaper penetration rate in matured markets such as the US, Japan, and in the Western European countries. The adhesive industry is affected by high transport costs induced by fluctuating fuel prices and higher manufacturing costs resulting from increasing energy costs. Adhesive manufacturers have responded by passing on such price rise to end users, thereby, resulting in decreased demand for adhesives, as certain end-use segments, such as low-end adhesive products and general users are price-sensitive.
“The hot-melt segment is expected to lead the non-woven adhesives market, in terms of volume, during the forecast period.”
The hot-melt segment is expected to lead the non-woven adhesives market, in terms of volume, between 2018 and 2023. Hot-melt non-woven adhesives are used in assembly & construction of disposable hygiene products, including baby diapers, feminine hygiene products, and adult incontinence products. They have excellent cohesive strength and strong adhesion to non-woven, absorbent pads and backing materials used in the construction of diapers and other disposable non-woven products.
Hygiene products manufacturers offer a range of adhesive solutions to meet consumer requirements. Innovative disposable hygiene products combine high adhesion with skin-friendliness. The players in this market focus on extensive R&D to manufacture innovative products and differentiate their product offerings from their competitors.
“The APAO segment is projected to account for the largest share of the overall non-woven adhesives market, in terms of volume, between 2018 and 2023.”
APAO is projected to be the fastest-growing segment of the market, in terms of both volume and value, between 2018 and 2023. APAO is an important type of polyolefin used in non-woven adhesives. Such polyolefin has better thermal stability than products based purely on polyethylene (PE) and can be used at lower temperature ranges than pure polypropylene. It is produced by copolymerization of alpha-olefins, including propylene or 1-butene. The copolymers have an amorphous structure that makes them useful for producing hot-melt adhesives. APAO non-woven adhesives offer good resistance to acid and solvents, with better cost-effectiveness than other adhesives.
“APAC is projected to be the fastest-growing market for non-woven adhesives during the forecast period, in terms of value and volume.”
The non-woven adhesives market is projected to register the highest CAGR in APAC in the next five years, mainly due to the rise in population and increasing number of working women as well as higher growth prospects in the baby care and feminine hygiene applications. The markets in APAC countries are in the growth phase, where manufacturers compete with very similar offerings. The non-woven adhesives market in APAC is profitable than in the other regions. The market is becoming more organized, with companies entering into strategic acquisitions and joint ventures to increase their market shares.
Extensive primary interviews were conducted during the process of determining and verifying the market size of several segments gathered through secondary research.
A breakdown of the profiles of the primary interviewees is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 60%, Tier 2 - 30%, and Tier 3 - 10%.
- By Designation: C-Level - 50%, Director Level - 40%, and Others - 10%.
- By Region: North America- 35%, Europe - 30%, APAC – 16% South America – 12% and Middle East & Africa - 7%
Key players profiled in the report include Henkel AG (Germany), H.B. Fuller (US), Arkema (France), Moresco Corporation (Japan), Lohmann- Koester GmbH & Co.KG (Germany), Beardow & Adams (Adhesives) Ltd. (UK), ADTEK Malaysia Sdn Bhd (Malaysia), Colquimica Adhesives (Portugal), Savare Specialty Adhesives (Italy), and Palmetto Adhesives Company, Inc. (US).
- This report segments the non-woven adhesives market on the basis of technology, type, application, and region, and provides estimations for the overall value of the market across various regions.
- A detailed analysis of key industry players has been conducted to provide insights into their business overviews, products & services, key strategies, new product launches, expansions, and agreements associated with the non-woven adhesives market.
Reasons To Buy this Report
- This research report is focused on various levels of analysis industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking analysis of top players, and company profiles, which together provide an overall view on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the non-woven adhesives market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on non-woven adhesives offered by top players in the non-woven adhesives market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the non-woven adhesives market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets ? the report analyzes the market for non-woven adhesives across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped markets, and recent developments in the non-woven adhesives market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the non-woven adhesives market.