Global Meat sector was valued at US$945.7 billion in 2018 and is forecast to register a CAGR of 3.9% during 2018-2023, to reach US$1,142.9 billion by 2023. Asia-Pacific represents the second-largest market globally with a value share of 30.5% in the global meat sector in 2018, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during 2018-2023. The region registered the lowest per capita consumption and expenditure of all regions in 2018.
Based on the relative performance of countries on multiple metrics, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, and Malaysia were shortlisted as high-potential countries, primarily due to the large meat sector size, projected high value growth rates, and rising per capita value growth levels. Hong Kong accounted for 2.9% share of the regional meat sector in 2018 and is forecast to witness the highest CAGR of 11.9% during 2018-2023. Rising income levels and growing urbanization in the developing economies of the region are driving the growth of packaged meat products.
Fresh Meat (counter) is the largest category in the Asia-Pacific meat sector, accounting for 71% of overall value sales in 2018. It is followed by chilled raw packaged meat - whole cuts and chilled raw packaged meat - processed categories. The overall meat sector in the Asia-Pacific region is fragmented, with the top five brands - Shuanghui, Itoham, Grassland Xingfa, Nipponham, and Nichirei - accounting for 7.2% of overall value sales in 2018.
The report "Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Meat Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region’s meat sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific meat sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category.
- Change in consumption: Indicates changing share of value consumption in the various meat by category across high-potential countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- High-potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of nine countries across the Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic and governance indicators, and technological infrastructure. Out of a possible nine, a total of four high-potential countries are shortlisted.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights into Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall meat sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of meat in 2018. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering meat products with health and wellness attributes in the same year.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Asia-Pacific region, while also analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Asia-Pacific meat sector in 2018. It covers seven distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, ’dollar stores’, and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various pack materials, pack types, closures, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of meat.
Reasons To Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.