The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Category Packaging Opportunities: Haircare and Fragrances", explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the haircare and fragrance categories, using examples from GlobalData’s Pack-Track innovation tool.
Haircare and fragrance are busy categories, but with a huge and varied selection of products on the retail shelf, it can be difficult for brand owners to offer something unique to consumers. Packaging is a key element that can provide differentiation and important added-value benefits. By using packaging to enhance sensory appeal and improve convenience and functionality it is possible to adapt to changing lifestyles and different ways of consuming personal care products, such as in on-the-go situations. The current image consciousness trend with the associated pressure from peers, the media, celebrities, and social media means that consumers are expected to look good at all times and functionally effective packaging can help consumers to achieve this as quickly as possible. We have used GlobalData’s Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the categories, and this report discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within GlobalData’s TrendSights framework.
Key Questions Answered
- What drives packaging innovations in haircare and fragrances?
- What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in these categories in recent years?
- Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on?
- How can haircare and fragrance manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
- Indulgence is often a key purchase driver in the category and packaging can be used to make a product look and feel more premium through greater sensory appeal to target style-conscious consumers who are looking for products that fit in with their values and lifestyle aspirations.
- Consumers are looking for enhanced experiences, and novel pack formats that bring a new manual ritual or encourage greater consumer engagement can bring a stronger sense of enjoyment and pleasure.
- Smaller packs with built-in applicators allow busy consumers to touch up their appearance on the go to satisfy the pressure to look good at all times.
Reasons To Buy
- Use GlobalData’s Category Packaging Opportunities reports to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Appreciate the importance of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.