“The collagen market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2%”
The collagen market is estimated at USD 3.5 billion in 2018 and projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2%, to reach USD 4.6 billion by 2023. This is due to the rising food & beverages industry as manufacturers are using collagen in their food items to increase the protein content in the final product. Busy lifestyles have driven the food manufacturing industry to produce new products that could meet the rise in demand from consumers, which in turn, drives the overall collagen market. Moreover, robust growth witnessed in the cosmetics industry is also further driving the market growth as the use of collagen in skincare and personal care items offers superior and anti-aging properties.
“The gelatin segment for collagen is estimated to account for the largest share in 2018”
Based on product type, the gelatin segment is estimated to account for the largest share in the collagen market in 2018. Rising consumption from the confectionery industry is driving the demand for gelatin in the collagen market. Rising population and the increasing consumption of gelatin in various applications including nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals, and food & beverage, are projected to drive its demand over the next five years. The innovative use in unconventional applications including cosmetics and photography are projected to fuel the demand over the coming future.
“The marine & poultry segment is projected to be the fastest-growing segment of the collagen market”
Based on source, the marine & poultry segment is projected to be the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period. Marine collagen is better, in terms of health benefits, and bioavailability as compared to bovine or porcine collagen types. Glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline are the predominant amino acids found in marine collagen. Short amino chains promote high bioavailability; they help the peptides to pass through the intestinal wall into the bloodstream easily. Thus, an increase in the consumption of processed and health-based food products is driving the marine collagen market.
Europe is estimated to account for the largest share in the collagen market in 2018”
Europe is estimated to account for the largest share in the collagen market in 2018 due to the busy lifestyle of consumers and rising health awareness. Europe is projected to dominate in the market due to the rising acceptability and applications in the food & beverage, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and nutraceutical industries. The rising awareness among consumers regarding the health benefits of collagen has led to the production of collagen supplements. These factors are further projected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 45 %, Tier 2 – 35%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C-level – 43%, D-level – 32%, and Others* - 25%
- By Region: Asia Pacific – 35%, Europe – 32%, North America - 25%, and Rest of the World (ROW)– 8%
*Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers.
**ROW consists of South America, Africa, and The Middle East.
Leading players profiled in this report:
- Gelita AG (Germany)
- Nitta Gelatine, Inc. (US)
- Weishardt Group (France)
- Darling Ingredients (US)
- Nippi Inc. (Japan)
- Vinh Hoan Corporation (Vietnam)
- Junc Gelatines, S.L.(Spain)
- Lapi Gelatine S.p.a. (Italy)
- Gelnex (Brazil)
- Vital Proteins (US)
- Baotou Dongbao Bio-Tech Co., Ltd. (China)
- RABJ Co., Ltd (Japan)
- Connoils (US)
- Nutra Food Ingredients (US)
- Italgelatine S.P.A (Italy)
- The report segments the collagen market on the basis of product type, source, application, and region. In terms of insights, this report has focused on various levels of analyses competitive landscape, end-use analysis, and company profiles which together comprise and discuss views on the emerging & high-growth segments of the global collagen, high-growth regions, countries, government initiatives, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
Reasons To buy this report:
- To get a comprehensive overview of the collagen market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the top players in this industry, their product portfolios, and the key strategies adopted by them
- To gain insights about the major countries/regions in which collagen is gaining popularity