The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“The probiotics market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.0%”
The probiotics market is estimated to be valued at 45.64 billion in 2017, and projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.0%, to reach USD 64.02 billion by 2022. The market is primarily driven by factors such as growing awareness about the benefits of probiotics among customers, rising demand for nutrient-rich feed for animals, and increasing demand for probiotic dietary supplements. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing region due to the incorporation of probiotics in daily diets of consumers in China and Japan. One of the major restraints in the growth of the probiotic is the time required for regulatory approval.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
“Bacterial segment, by source, led the market with the largest share in 2016”
On the basis of source, the probiotics market was led by the bacterial segment. Lactobacilli, one of the types of bacteria, accounted for the largest market share in 2016. Health benefits such as increased lactase production, prevention of diarrhea, prevention of irritable bowel syndrome, and enhanced immunity of Lactobacilli make the strain the most preferred option by probiotic producers.
“Liquid segment, by form, led the probiotics market with the largest share in 2016”
On the basis of form, the liquid segment accounted for the largest share of the probiotics market in 2016. Liquid probiotics are preferred by consumers having difficulty in swallowing pills, especially infants. New products are available in the market such as probiotic-infused juices and yogurt-based drinks, which provide consumers with new options of probiotic consumption.
“Functional food & beverages segment, by application, accounted for the largest share of the probiotics market in 2016”
Based on application, the functional food & beverages segment accounted for the largest share during the forecast period. Growing health concerns among consumers have led the manufacturers to come up with a variety of probiotic fortified foods, which has fueled the demand for probiotics in the functional food & beverage segment.
“Human probiotics segment, by end user, led the market with the largest share in 2016”
On the basis of end user, the human probiotics segment accounted for the largest share of the probiotics market in 2016. The routine consumption of probiotics in regular diets has shown functional improvements in consumer health, which has fueled the demand for human probiotics over animal probiotics.
“Asia Pacific: High growth is expected in the probiotics market”
Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing region, in terms of value, between 2017 and 2022. Some of the factors that drive the usage of probiotics in this region include high demand for functional foods and dairy products, the presence of major players in these regions, and awareness about the benefits of using probiotics.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35 %, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: D Level – 25%, C Level – 35%, and Others* – 40%
- By Region: North America – 20%, Europe – 25%, Asia Pacific – 40%, and RoW – 15%
*Others include sales manager, marketing managers, and product managers.
Leading players profiled in this report:
- Chr. Hansen
- Yakult Honsha
- Probiotics International
- Nebraska Cultures
- The report segments the probiotics market on the basis of source, application, form, end user, and region. In terms of insights, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses competitive landscape, end use analysis, and company profiles which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging & high-growth segments of the global probiotics market, high-growth regions, countries, government initiatives, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
Reasons To buy this report:
- To get a comprehensive overview of the probiotics market
- To gain wide ranging information about the top players in this industry, their product portfolios, and key strategies adopted by them
- To gain insights about the major countries/regions in which the probiotics is flourishing