General Purpose Electronic Test and Measurement Instruments
The global market for General Purpose Electronic Test & Measurement (T&M) Instruments is projected to reach US$9.8 billion by 2024, driven by soaring data traffic warranting network enhancements and continuous performance monitoring; and launch of new next generation electronic equipment in communications, aerospace, military and defense, consumer electronics and manufacturing sectors. Device miniaturization and growing complexity of electronic components such as ICs are creating the need for innovative T&M instruments with the flexibility and functionality to meet the testing requirements of next generation electronics. Network overload caused by exploding IP traffic and other extraneous factors such as bad configuration management;’ rogue adapter broadcasts; outdated hardware such as switches, routers, servers and internet exchanges; and multicasting, is pushing up the importance of network performance testing to ensure network optimization at all times. Other major factors influencing growth include demand for portability and the ensuing robust demand for wireless test equipment; increasing R&D investments dedicated to the development of new product functionalities and capabilities; strategic integration of testing as a vital part of the chip designing and fabrication process; emerging wireless standards, the need for wider bandwidth, and the ensuing demand for RF signal generators; need for RF spectrum analyzers in the communications industry against the backdrop of expanding use of electronic equipment that uses radio frequency signals. The United States represents the largest regional market worldwide. Asia-Pacific is forecast to emerge as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 7.8% over the analysis period. The growth in the region is driven by strong electronics manufacturing activity supported by spiraling demand for consumer, medical, automotive and industrial electronics; rapid advancements in data and wireless communication infrastructure; and gradual shifting of semiconductor and electronics R&D activities to Southeast Asia.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- KT Adopts Anritsu’s Mobile Device Test Platform ME7834NRs for Acceptance Testing of Devices Incorporating the 5G New Radio Technologies
- HORIBA to Acquire FuelCon in a Move to Increase its Presence in the Vehicle Electrification Market
- With the Aim to Accelerate the Development of mmWave OTA Measurement Technologies, Rohde & Schwarz Enters into Strategic Collaboration with MediaTek
- NI Collaborates with Spirent to Develop Test Systems for 5G NR Devices
- Media Tek Partners with Anritsu for 5G Development and Physical Layer Verification
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Extension Based Instruments will emerge as the largest market, followed by Oscilloscopes.
- Within Signal Generators segment, Radio Frequency Signal Generators are projected to witness the fastest growth driven by their usefulness in ensuring higher precision of avionic instruments.
Product Definition & Scope
- General Purpose Electronic test and measurement instruments measure, test, and analyze a range of electronic variables such as voltage, current, power, frequency, amplitude, jitter, and noise, among others. These instruments are typically utilized by manufacturers of the electrical and electronic products/systems. End-users, such as, electronic, and semiconductor component manufacturers, defense contractors, automobile manufacturers, and electronic contract manufacturers, among others, utilize the general purpose electronic test and measurement instruments to validate designs and optimum functioning of the manufactured goods/products.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America, and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- Multimeters, Logic Analyzers, Signal Generators (Radio Frequency Signal Generators, Microwave Signal Generators, & Arbitrary Waveform Generators), Oscilloscopes (Digital Oscilloscopes, Analog Oscilloscopes, & PC-Based Oscilloscopes), Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Extension-Based, and Others
- End-Use Industries:
- Communications, Aerospace & Military/Defense, Electronics Manufacturing, Industrial Electronics & Automotive, and Others
- B&K Precision Corporation
- GaGe Applied Technologies, Inc.
- Ideal Industries, Inc.
- Keysight Technologies, Inc.
- National Instruments Corporation
- Pico Technology
- Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG
- VIAVI Solutions, Inc.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.