Robotic surgery refers to a surgical procedure where surgeons use a computer to control small instruments attached to a robot. Hence, it is also known as computer guided minimally invasive surgery. The surgical robotic system includes surgeons console, surgical arms and monitoring system and software. The robotic surgery is an advanced technology that helps surgeons to perform complex surgeries with more accuracy and precision. This surgery ensures greater accuracy, enhanced motion range and provides better dexterity to surgeons. Further, the three-dimensional vision provided by the camera renders a more detailed view to the surgeons which, as a result, enhances the surgical outcome and the overall procedure.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
There was a growing demand for minimally invasive surgical techniques both from the patient and the doctor side. Generally, traditional minimally invasive laparoscopic surgical techniques are employed for region of interest in surgeries, but those techniques have their limitations of standard two-dimensional video and rigid instruments used by the surgeons. These instruments are incapable of providing high quality video of the affected region impose a difficulty in the case of complex surgeries.
On the contrary, robotic surgery makes it easier for the surgeons to carry out complex procedures with comparatively much smaller incisions (0.5-1 mm). As a result, the global surgical robotics market is growing at an exponential rate.
A surgical robot recurring revenue business model is essentially a large one-time purchase for a system complimented by the replaceable or disposable instruments that cumulatively make a much larger and sustainable ongoing market. In recurring revenue business model, the vendor makes money through one time sale of the robotic system and then generates recurring revenue from the sale of equipment and accessory products, and maintenance services used in the robotic system.
Surgical robots increase the accuracy of surgeons while reducing the risk to the patients. For instance, heart bypass surgery requires patient’s chest to be opened by making a long incision. The surgeon first cuts through skin, then tissue and muscle, then fascia, and then reaches the heart. However, through non-invasive surgical robots it become easy to perform critical surgeries with minimal incision and high accuracy. Surgical robots have several advantages such as decrease in post-operative pain, decreased risk of infection, and decreased blood loss. They provide effective representations of body parts and increase dexterity, which aids the surgeons while working on inaccessible body parts and offer shorter recovery time and leave lesser scars in comparison to the traditional open surgery.
This research study includes an extensive analysis of the global surgical robotics market by product, application, end-user and geographical regions, allowing the researcher to develop a comprehensive outlook of the market. Each of these segments have been analyzed on the basis of their current and future market size, considering the macro and micro environmental factors.
The market report presents a detailed and investigative study of the entire market and provides a comprehensive insight into various forms of development, trends and the key market participants. While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this dynamic market, the report also provides a comprehensive section on competitive landscape, market share analysis, competitive benchmarking, and the position of the competitors within the global surgical robotics market.
The following key questions have been addressed in the report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges and opportunities of the global surgical robotics market?
- How did the minimally invasive robot assistive surgical procedures evolve and what is its scope in the future?
- What were the market shares by value of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global surgical robotics market in 2017 and what will be the shares in 2025?
- What were the market shares by volume of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global surgical robotics market in 2017 and what will be the shares in 2025?
- How will each of the segments of the global surgical robotics market by value grow during the forecast period and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2025?
- How will each of the segments of the global surgical robotics market by volume grow during the forecast period and what will be the installation volume or procedural volume respectively by each of the segment by the end of 2025?
- How did the market share of the leading companies change in 2016 and which country will lead the market in 2017?
- How will the surgical robotics industry evolve during the forecast period 2018-2025?
- What are the key developments and strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- Which product, application and end-user will dominate the global surgical robotics market by the end of the forecast period and which one is growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2018-2025?
- What will be the growth rate of different segments during the forecast period? Which is the leading segment by product, imaging modality, application, and end-user?
- Who are the key players in the global surgical robotics market?
- Which region will lead the global surgical robotics market in revenue generation through the forecast period?
- Which region will lead the global surgical robotics market in surgical systems installation volume throughout the forecast period?
- Which country will be growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
The key players who have significant contributions to the surgical robotics market are Intuitive Surgical Inc., Stryker Corporation, Mazor Robotics, Hansen Medical Inc., MedRobotics, TransEnterix Inc., Accuray Inc., Renishaw plc, Think Surgical, Synaptive Medical, Titan Medical Inc. and Smith & Nephew plc, among others.