The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“Rising demand for passenger safety, comfort and luxury, and reduction in vehicle weight will propel the drive by wire market”
The drive by wire market is primarily driven by the increasing number of mandates from governments to control vehicle emissions and the demand for passenger safety and comfort. The drive by wire market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.86% from 2018 to 2025. From a market size of USD 19.12 billion in 2018, it is projected to reach USD 34.63 billion by 2025. However, the major factor restraining the growth of the drive by wire market is the high incremental cost, risk of failure in electronics, and lack of public acceptance.
“Brake-by-wire to be the fastest growing drive by wire application of the drive by wire market”
The brake-by-wire system works in combination with the anti-lock braking system, electronic brake assist, and electronic brake force distribution which increase the vehicle’s stability and control. In addition to that, a brake-by-wire system replaces the conventional mechanical and hydraulic components, thereby reducing the space required for casing braking systems and control weight. Such associated benefits will drive the growth of this market during the forecast period.
“Gear shift position sensor to have the largest market among sensors of the drive by wire market.”
The gear shift position sensor is a component of the shift-by-wire system and automatic transmissions. The gear shift position sensor detects the position of the gear, such as first or second, and sends the data as an electric signal to the ECU. The highest market share of the shift-by-wire system makes the market for gear shift position sensor the highest owing to its standard usage in the system. Hence, with the increasing demand for shift-by-wire, the market for gear shift position sensor is expected to increase.
“Asia Pacific to be the largest and Europe to be one of the fastest markets for drive by wire”
Asia Pacific is estimated to dominate the drive by wire market, and Europe is projected to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period. Consumers in the Asia Pacific region are increasingly demanding advanced technologies such as automatic and automated manual transmission in mid-size and economy class vehicles. Advanced drive by wire technologies such as shift-by-wire, park-by-wire, and throttle-by-wire are thus deployed in these vehicle classes. In addition, the modern EVs also use drive by wire systems for actuation. As Asian countries plan to standardize emission norms and use an increasing number of EVs in the future, drive by wire systems are likely to gain traction. Europe is also the largest market for passenger cars, particularly for premium cars (C segment and above). The demand for premium cars has accentuated the need for lower emission and vehicle weight, which can be achieved with the help of drive by wire systems. With the increase in the sale of premium cars, the demand for efficient drive by wire systems is increasing to improve the vehicle performance and comfort, and this is further driving the drive by wire market in Europe.
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 30 %, Tier 2 – 40% and OEMs – 30%
- By Designation – C level – 40%, Director level – 30%, Others – 30%
- By Region – North America - 20%, Europe – 30%, APAC – 40%, RoW – 10%
Note: Others includes sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers.
The company tiers are based on the value chain; the revenue of the company has been not considered.
OEMs are Vehicle manufacturers, Tier I are drive by System manufacturers/assemblers supplying to OEMs, Tier II are component manufacturers supplying to Tier I.
The report provides detailed profiles of the following companies:
• Bosch (Germany)
• Continental (Germany)
• ZF (Germany)
• Infineon (Germany)
• Nexteer (US)
• CTS (US)
• Ficosa (Spain)
• Kongsberg (Switzerland)
• Hitachi Automotive (Japan)
• Curtiss-Wright (US)
The drive by wire market has been segmented on the basis of application (throttle-by-wire, steer-by-wire, shift-by-wire, brake-by-wire, and park-by-wire), sensor type (throttle pedal sensor, throttle position sensor, pinion angle sensor, hand wheel angle sensor, gear shift position sensor, park sensor, and brake pedal sensor), component (ECU?Electronic Control Unit, ECM?Engine Control Module, actuator, feedback motor, parking pawl, ETCM?Electronic Throttle Control Module, and ETCU?Electronic Transmission Control Unit), on highway vehicle (passenger car, light commercial vehicles, buses, and trucks), off-highway vehicle (construction & mining equipment, agriculture tractors, forklifts), electric & hybrid vehicle (BEV, HEV, PHEV), autonomous vehicles in terms of application (throttle-by-wire, steer-by-wire, shift-by-wire, brake-by-wire, and park-by-wire), and region (Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, and RoW).
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report provides insights with reference to the following points:
- Market Development: The report provides comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for drive by wire across regions.
- Product Development/Innovation: The report offers detailed insights into R&D activities, upcoming technologies, and new product launches in the global drive by wire market.
- Market Diversification: The report provides detailed information about untapped markets, investments, new products, and recent developments in the global drive by wire market.
- Competitive Assessment: The report provides an in-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global drive by wire market.
- Country Level Market: The report provides detailed information about the usage of each drive by wire application at the country level for on-highway vehicles. The report also covers the market for sensors and components at a regional level for on-highway vehicles.
- Other Vehicle Types: The report covers the drive by wire market for off-highway, electric & hybrid, and autonomous vehicles at a regional level.