The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The pharmaceutical Industry is a multibillion market consisting of innovator drugs & generics. The pharmaceutical market consists of a companies involved in the research, development, manufacturing and commercialization of drugs for human & animal use. Geographically, biologics have registered near double digit annual growth rate, whereas, the pharmaceutical drugs registered only single digit annual growth rate, in the past five years. This double digit growth was largely fuelled by the substantial investments of the major pharmaceutical companies, who realized the potential of the market quite early. Biologics are defined as pharmaceutical products obtained from living cells or micro-organisms. These are complex & large molecules consisting of proteins, peptides, nucleic acids, sugars, cellular structures or a combination of these.
The biologics drug discovery involves target identification, hit-to-lead stage, lead identification & optimization. Technologies used for the development of biologics include genomics, proteomics, microarrays, cell cultures, phage display technologies and monoclonal antibody technologies among others. The market analysis includes an in-depth examination of the key ecosystem players and key strategies & developments taking place in this market. Additionally, it includes market dynamics (market drivers, opportunities and challenges) and industry analysis.
The purpose of the study is to gain a holistic view of the biologics drug discovery market in terms of various factors influencing it such as recent trends, technological advancements, and regulatory aspects of the market. The scope of this report is centred upon conducting a detailed study of the solutions allied with the biologics drug discovery market. The market has been segmented into ’product’, ’method’, ’manufacture’ and ’geographical regions’. The report presents the reader with an opportunity to unlock comprehensive insights with respect to the market and helps in forming well informed strategic decisions. The research uncovers some of the substantial parameters that must be taken into consideration before entering into the market.
This research report aims at answering various aspects of the global biologics drug discovery market with the help of key factors driving the market, threats that can possibly inhibit the overall market growth, and the current growth opportunities that is going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion. The study considers the growth-share matrix model for a comprehensive study of the global biologics drug discovery market and assesses the factors governing the same.
The answers to the following key questions can be derived from this report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges and opportunities in the global biologics drug discovery market and their case studies?
- How the biologics drug discovery market evolve and what did is its scope in the future?
- What is the market share of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global biologics drug discovery market in 2016 and 2025?
- How will each segment of the global biologics drug discovery market grow during the forecast period and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2025?
- What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period between 2016 and 2025?
- What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- What will be the growth rate of the outsourced manufacturing segment during the forecast period?
- Who are the key outsourced manufacturers of the biologics drug discovery market market?
- How the market has been segmented on the basis of phase/method? Which method is highly adopted in the biologics drug discovery process?
- Which technologies have been covered in the Target Identification phase?
- What will be the value of oncology biologics drug discovery segment by 2025?
- Which geographical location will contribute to the highest sales of biologics?
- In Europe, which country is dominating the biologics drug discovery market? Also, which country will show the highest growth rate?
The key players which have significant contributions to the biologics drug discovery market are Albany Molecular Research Inc., GenScript, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Pfizer Inc., Novartis AG, Sanofi, Merck & Co., Inc., Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline plc, AstraZeneca plc, AbbVie Inc., Amgen Inc., Lilly, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novo Nordisk, Merck KGaA, Allergan, Plc, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Astellas Pharma Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and Bayer AG, and Biocon Ltd. among others.