"Tourism Deep Dive: Transportation", sheds light onto the key trends in the travel industry and underlines the strategic issues that airline, rail and alternative travel providers are faced with. Besides market trends, the report analyzes channel dynamics, focusing on regional trends, as well as transportation type dynamics.
The relentless efforts of the transport industry to meet customer demands has given rise to a plethora of innovations such as bullet trains, chatbots, and entertainment and connectivity, which not only serve as means of convenience but also fulfils customers needs. Each mode of transport has different business issues to deal with and the airline industry has been faced with most of them. This report explores the factors driving change, and how to best tackle them head on.
- In-flight entertainment has become more of a necessity than a luxury, especially on long haul flights. Airlines are trying to attract customers through various strategies that keep them entertained throughout their journey. One such effort is the deployment of VR headsets, which are being heralded as one of the next phases of in-flight entertainment.
- Given the dynamic consumer preferences and changing market demands, the transportation industry (especially rail, bus, and air) is required to upgrade its infrastructure to help create a seamless experience for its consumers. Yet, infrastructure in general is not being built fast enough to meet growing demands of fast-paced modern lives, and increasing population numbers.
- Airlines are employing different corporate strategies such as geographical expansion, enhancing customer service, change of policies, and consolidation to keep up with the competition and to stay profitable.
Reasons To Buy
- The report provides a deep insight into the transportation sector, underlining strategic issues and key trends that players are faced with.
- It also provides an analysis of the performance of different players within the travel industry, hence, allowing the client to identify key opportunities and challenges to better support business decisions.