The rising need of autonomy by the law enforcement agencies, commercial industries, scientific research organizations, and naval forces has driven the demand for autonomous ships and ocean surface robots. These vehicles are capable of carrying out maritime applications without the need for an onboard human operator. Additionally, the growing maritime challenges increase the demand for the autonomous ships and ocean surface robots to perform operations including environmental monitoring, seabed mapping, anti-submarine warfare, and underwater mine-hunting, among others. Moreover, these systems also help in detecting and tracking maritime threats in order to protect the nation from marine attacks.
Major factors such as growing investment in marine robotics technology, advantages of utilizing autonomous cargo ships, and underlying advantages of incorporating electrically-powered engines are expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market in the next ten years. The autonomous ship market is expected to cumulatively generate a revenue of $3.48 billion by 2035, growing at a CAGR of 26.7% in terms of volume during the period 2024-2035. In terms of value, the global ocean surface robot market accounted for $505.7 million in the year 2017.
The following points provide a concrete description of topics covered in the report:
- What was the market size of the ocean surface robots market in terms of value and volume in 2017, and what will be the growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2028?
- What number of autonomous ships are commercially available in the market from 2024 to 2035 for optimistic, idealistic, and pessimistic scenarios?
- Which companies are involved in the ecosystem of autonomous ship industry? What are the major developments by these industry players?
- What is the market size of different modes of operations of semi-autonomous and fully-autonomous ocean surface robots?
- What was the market value of different subsystems of ocean surface robots in 2017? What are the technological advancements in every subsystem?
- What is the market analysis of end users of ocean surface robots, such as naval, commercial, scientific research, and law enforcement, on the basis of different applications?
- What is the market size of ocean surface robots on the basis of the leading nations across different geographical regions? Furthermore, what is the market analysis of regions on the basis of different end users?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the ocean surface robot market across nations and regions globally?
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand of autonomous ships and ocean surface robots during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global autonomous ship and ocean surface robot market?
- What kind of new strategies are adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the autonomous ship and ocean surface robot industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the ocean surface robot market through market share analysis and player positioning model?
- Who are the key players operating in the market, along with their business financials, company snapshots, key products & services, major developments, SWOT analysis and future programs?