The oils & fats sector in Colombia is led by the oil category in both value and volume terms in 2017. The category is also expected to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2017-2022. Hypermarkets and supermarkets is the leading channel for the distribution in the Colombian oils & fats sector. Rigid plastics are the most commonly used pack material in the Colombian fats & oil sector, followed by glass. ’Premier’, ’Gourmet’, ’Canola Life’ are some of the leading market players in the Colombian oils & fats sector.
Our Country Profile report on the oils and fats sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for oils, and solid fats with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs, hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: can, stand up pouch, foil, wrapper, blister pack, carton-folding, tub.
- The per capita consumption of oils and fats was higher in Colombia compared to the both global and regional levels in 2017
- Oils is the larger category in both value and volume terms in the Colombian oils and fats sector
- Per capita consumption of oils is higher in Colombia when compared to solid fats
- Premier is the leading brand in both value and volume terms in the Colombian oils and fats sector
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Colombian oils and fats sector
- Consumption of oils and fats is higher among women compared to men in Colombia.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.