This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Defense Robotics in US$ Million by the following Robotics Platform Types: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), UnThe global market for Defense Robotics is projected to reach US$11 billion by 2022, driven by increased complexity in the global security landscape, growing military spending in developing countries and emphasis on reducing human casualties in military operations by governments worldwide. Effervescent development of battle-hardened military robots for transport, search & rescue, attack and surveillance will benefit growth in the market in the coming years. The successful use of robots in Iraq and Afghanistan and effectiveness of drone attacks and strikes in curbing terrorism have helped accelerate the popularity of military robots. Developments in artificial intelligence and the ability to design robots with autonomous decision making capabilities have the potential to catalyse growth in the market. Trailing a CAGR of 7.1% over the analysis period, Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market, driven by growing defense spending in China, India, South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore. Especially poised to benefit growth in the region is China's rapid pace of military modernization which is forecast to overtake even the military technological advantage of the U.S. China's rapidly expanding military prowess is creating a military technology competition among the neighboring countries, a trend that will directly benefit demand for robotic weapons systems.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Summary of Findings
- Progressive Improvements in Enabling Technologies and Expansion of Functional Scope of Robotic Systems Pave the Way for the Proliferation of Unmanned and Autonomous Robots and Drones
- Advancements in Sensing Technology, Communication Capabilities, and Material Science Help Refine the Functionality and Performance of Defense Robots
- Developments in Integration and Interoperability and Full-Scale Warfield Readiness to Drive Technology Adoption Rates
- Rising Terrorist & Border Encroachment Activities Drives Investments in Robotic Solutions such as UGVs, UAVs, and UUVs
- Small UAVs Gain Traction in Short-Range Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Operations
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Europe, Asia-Pacific, The Middle East, and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Robotics Platform Types:
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), Unmanned Marine Vehicles (UMV), and Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV).
- AeroVironment, Inc.
- BAE Systems plc
- Boeing Company
- Boston Dynamics
- Clearpath Robotics Inc.
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- Endeavor Robotics
- General Atomics
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.
The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Europe, Asia-Pacific, The Middle East, and Rest of World. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2015 through 2022. Also, a six-year historic analysis is provided for these markets.
Market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research. Company profiles are primarily based on public domain information including company URLs.
The report profiles 43 companies including many key and niche players such as -
BAE Systems plc
Clearpath Robotics Inc.