Global Petrochemicals capacity is expected to experience considerable growth over the next nine years from around 1,500 mtpa in 2017 to more than 1,900 mtpa by 2026. More than 900 planned and announced petrochemicals plants are expected to come online, primarily in Asia and the Middle East over the next nine years.
China Petrochemical Corp, Zhejiang Petrochemical Co Ltd, and Kuwait Petroleum Corporation are the top three companies in terms of planned capacity additions during the outlook period.
Key Highlights included in this report -
- A total of 55 new petrochemicals plants were announced since November 2017.
- Asia, the Middle East, and North America are the top regions contributing to capacity additions in the next nine years. Capital expenditure (capex) for these plants (244) in China is estimated to total US$51.6 billion by 2022.
- In the Middle East, the majority of capacity additions is in Iran, with planned and announced capacity additions of about 63.0 mtpa by 2024. Capex for these plants totals US$27.9 billion by 2024. Sepehr Energy Corporation is the top company accounting for the major capacity additions in Iran.
- The US has 98 planned and announced petrochemical plants, adding capacity of about 63.0 mtpa by 2023. Major capacity additions will be from IGP Methanol LLC and NW Innovation Works Inc.
- China Petrochemical Corp, Saudi Basic Industries Corp, and The Dow Chemical Co are the top global producers of petrochemicals with capacities of 57.7 mtpa, 45.2 mtpa, and 39.2 mtpa, respectively, as of 2017.
- Global Petrochemicals capacity outlook by region
- Petrochemicals planned and announced plants details
- Global Petrochemicals capacity by commodity
- Capacity share of the major petrochemicals producers globally
- Global petrochemicals capital expenditure outlook by region.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand key trends in the global petrochemicals industry
- Understand regional petrochemicals supply scenario
- Identify opportunities in the global petrochemicals industry with the help of upcoming plants and capital expenditure outlook
- Understand the current and likely future competitive scenario.