The global Satellite M2M Communications market is projected to exceed US$1.9 billion by 2022 in service revenues, driven by reducing cost and complexity of M2M implementations and the resulting rise in adoption; and expanding remote asset tracking, monitoring and control applications. Freight, logistics and public transportation sectors are emerging as major end-use markets supported by the growing demand for technology solutions that help in achieving effective fleet management, fuel efficiency and operational cost savings. Also benefiting growth in these sectors are the recovering global trade environment and the explosion of eCommerce and the resulting increase in urban freight mobility. Other growth factors of equal importance include the foundation offered by Internet of Things (IoT) revolution and the resulting increase in demand for IoT value added services; strong projected growth in the mobile-satellite services (MMS) sector; growing prominence of L-Band connections; rising commercial value of satellite SCADA solutions; and growing investments in intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and the resulting spurt in adoption of commercial vehicle tracking and monitoring systems. The United States represents the largest market worldwide, while Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 10.0% over the forecast period. The growth in the region is led by expanding transportation and logistics activity backed by growing commercial and retail industry in Asian economies; robust investments in high throughput satellites; and increased adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) across all vectors of the economy.
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Globalstar Establishes Globalstar Automotive to Support Future Connected and Autonomous Vehicles & Intelligent Transport
- In a Move to Offer its Satellite and Multi-radio Modems with Global Connectivity, Globalstar Inks Distribution Agreement with Symmetry Electronics
- With the Aim to Produce about 22 Next-Generation Satellites, Lockheed Martin Submits Proposal for GPS IIIF Program
- Armstrong Transportation Selects ORBCOMM in a Bid to Provide Logistics Tracking & Monitoring Solution
- With the Aim to Develop Blockchain Standards and Solutions for the Freight Industry, ORBCOMM Joins BiTA
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Military sector will remain the largest market, followed by Transportation.
- Freight end-use sector is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by capabilities of Satellite M2M Communications in facilitating vehicle/freight carrier tracking, cargo/asset monitoring, and fleet management.
Product Definition & Scope
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) is defined as the ability of assets, devices, and machines to exchange data with management systems of a company or with people requiring information. M2M refers to data communication between a device that contains data and another device, which applies that data. The expanding numbers machines in use – electronic as well as mechanical – worldwide enhances the significance of communication between various machines. M2M communications are being employed for logistical tracking, remote monitoring, telemetry, security and scientific monitoring, and geo-fencing.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Europe, Asia-Pacific (Australia, China, Japan, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America, and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- End-Use Sectors:
- Freight, Transportation, Military, and Others
- General Electric Company
- Geotab, Inc.
- Globalstar, Inc.
- Honeywell International
- Hughes Network Systems LLC
- Inmarsat plc
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.