Global Organic Food Industry Profile & Value Chain Analysis
Global Organic Food industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
The value/supply chain analysis reveals the business activities which comprise the global organic food market’s value/supply chain. All key stages are highlighted, along with examples of companies active, and assessments of the burning issues for every stage of the value/supply chain. Key value/supply chain stages analyzed include base ingredients, food production, distribution, food retail, and end user.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global organic food market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Organic food is produce that has been independently certified to have been grown free of chemicals. Market values are taken at retail selling price (RSP). For the purposes of this report, eggs have been classified as part of the meat, fish and poultry segment. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using 2016 constant annual average exchange rates.
- The global organic food market had total revenues of $98.5bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.9% between 2012 and 2016.
- The fruit & vegetables segment was the market’s most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $35.8bn, equivalent to 36.3% of the market’s overall value.
- Though organic foods tend to be more expensive, figures suggest that people are willing to pay more if they see the positive impact.
- The largest food retailers are backwards integrated, producing private label goods and distributing from centralized warehouses to stores.
- Base ingredients are used in the production of food. They usually undergo a number of processes before becoming edible and can be divided between meat and meat & fish. All are heavily used. Organic is noted for its more humane livestock or no pesticides, GMO or synthetic fertilizers.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the organic food market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global organic food market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key organic food market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global organic food market with five year forecasts
- Quickly and easily identify the key stages and sub-stages of the global organic food market value/supply chain
- See examples of companies active at each stage of the global organic food market value/supply chain
- Examine trends and burning issues impacting the global organic food market value/supply chain
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global organic food market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the global organic food market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global organic food market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global organic food market?
- Who are the top competitors in the global organic food market?
- What are the key stages of the global organic food market value/supply chain?