The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
HSBC has created its own in-house innovation team and investment divisions, in addition to initiatives with Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) in Hong Kong and Kyriba in Singapore for launching innovation labs. These labs focus on fintech solutions including AI, biometrics, big data analytics, blockchain, cybersecurity, and internet finance.
HSBC invests in start-ups that offer secure platforms for businesses and corporates to communicate internally and with customers. Since 2016, HSBC has launched various mobile banking apps helping customers securely transact and manage their daily banking and trading activities.
HSBC organized and supported accelerator programs across Asia Pacific and the Americas. HSBC has also partnered with various organizations for events relating to the development and implementation of tech solutions in financial solutions.
The report provides information and insights into HSBC’s Fintech activities, including -
- Insights of its Fintech strategies
- Overview of Fintech investments covering investment size and technology
- Insights on key investments including details on company and its business description
- Details of various accelerator programs, partnerships, in-house launches, and other industry engagement programs.
- HSBC created a $200m fund in 2014 to invest in prominent fintech start-ups in order to improve its technology.
- Since 2013 HSBC has participated in 14 accelerator programs and supported over 170 start-ups.
- Since inception, the venture capital arm of HSBC -Strategic Innovation Investments (SII) has participated in six co-investments and in two consortium investments.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into HSBC’s Fintech operations.
- Gain insights into its Fintech strategy and investment portfolio.
- Gain insights into various product launches, investments and partnership strategies of HSBC.