Vacuum skin packaging is a technique of packaging in which the product is placed on a paperboard and is packaged in a plastic film package, after removal of air from the package. The vacuum skin packaging has either a rigid or semi-rigid bottom web which facilitates the holding of the products in place. Vacuum skin packaging ensures longer shelf life of the product and is majorly used for storing dry foods such as meat, cheese and cereals among others. It can also be used for storing of fresh fruits and vegetables for a short duration without the use of preservatives.
The global vacuum skin packaging market has experienced a humongous growth over the past years and as per the estimation the global vacuum skin packaging market will grow more on a rapid pace during the forecast period. The major drivers contributing to the growth of the market include increasing consumption of meat and poultry, growth in retail sector and increased government policies regarding food safety. However, the growth of this market is also expected to be restrained by the stringent regulations on packaging material waste and recycling.
Global vacuum skin packaging has very broad market in coming recent years. MRFR analysts has predicted that meat and poultry industry are about to grow at a rapid pace, moreover, the increasing preference to bio-degradable and recyclable packaging are also creating opportunities for the growth of the vacuum skin packaging market. The global vacuum skin packaging market is expected to reach USD 18,392 million by 2023 with a CAGR of 5.77%.
The key players of vacuum skin packaging market include Bemis Company Inc. (U.S.), Berry Global Group, Inc. (U.S.), LINPAC Packaging Limited (U.K.), Amcor Ltd. (Australia), Sealed Air Corporation (U.S.), DuPont (U.S.), G. Mondini SA (Italy), Green Packaging Material (Jiangyin) Co., Ltd. (China) and others.
Objective of Global Vacuum Skin Packaging Market Analysis & Forecast, from 2016 to 2023
- To provide insights about factors influencing and affecting the market growth.
- To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments as well as sub-segments with respect to regional markets and their key countries
- To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments based on operating system.
- To provide strategic profiling of key players in the market, comprehensively analyzing their market share, core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market
- Raw materials suppliers
- Aftermarket suppliers
- Research institute & education institute
- Potential investors
- Key executive (CEO and COO) and strategy growth manager
- On the basis of material, the market is segmented as Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene (PE), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) and others. Polyethylene (PE) is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 6.10% during the forecast period.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented as Meat, Poultry, Cheese and others. Meat is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 6.17% during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific dominates the global vacuum skin packaging market with 36.26% of share in 2016, in terms of value. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.08% during the forecast period. North America was the second-largest market in 2016, valued at USD 3,889.2 million in 2016; it is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.84%.
The regional analysis also includes -
- North America
- ·Rest of Europe
- ·Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- ·South America
- ·Middle East and Africa