The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global Missiles and Missile Defense Systems (MMDS) market, valued at over US$33 billion in 2018, is projected grow at a CAGR of about 2%, to cross US$41 billion by 2028. The cumulative market for global expenditure on Missiles and Missile Defense Systems is valued at more than US$384 billion over the forecast period.
The Asia Pacific region is the largest spender in the domain, with China, India, and South Korea accounting for the bulk of spending. China dominates regional spending in the sector, with its desire to bridge the military capabilities gap with the US being the primary driver of the country’s defense capital spending, while India is the second largest spender in the region primarily due to its volatile relationship with Pakistan and China.
North America is estimated to witness the second largest investment in the sector with the US formulating long-term programs for missile defense systems, as well as other missile types. In Europe, the missile and missile defense systems market is expected to grow steadily due to continued funding allocation. Russia, the UK, and Poland are anticipated to be the largest spenders in the domain within Europe. In the Middle East, spending on missiles, missile defense and air defense systems is mainly driven by the aim to counter the potential threat from Iran’s intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs).
In terms of categories, missile defense systems (MDS) is expected to account for the highest proportion of spending, followed by markets for surface-to-surface , surface-to-air, air-to-surface, air-to-air, anti-ship and anti-anti-tank missiles.
This report "The Global Missiles and Missile Defense Systems Market 2018-2028" offers a detailed analysis of the industry, with market size forecasts covering the next ten years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for missiles and missile defense systems, key market trends, and challenges encountered by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Market size and drivers: detailed analysis during 2018-2028, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. It also provides a snapshot of the spending and modernization patterns of different regions around the world
- Recent developments and industry challenges: insights into technological developments and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of missiles segments around the world. It also provides trends of the changing industry structure and the challenges faced by industry participants
- Regional highlights: study of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the key segments of the market that are expected to be in demand
- Major programs: details of the key programs in each segment, which are expected to be executed during 2018-2028
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the global market. It provides an overview of key players, together with information regarding key alliances, strategic initiatives, and financial analysis
Companies mentioned in this report - Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, BAE Systems, Orbital ATK, Aerojet Rocketdyne, Raytheon, Mectron, Denel Dynamics, Saab AB, Kongsberg Gruppen, MBDA, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, Thales, Safran Electronics & Defense, Tactical Missiles Corporation.
- The global missiles and missile defense systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.32% over the forecast period.
- The market consists of seven categories: missile defense systems, surface-to-surface missiles, surface-to-air missiles, air-to-surface missiles, air-to-air missiles, anti-tank missiles and anti-ship missiles.
- The market is projected to be dominated by the missile defense systems segment, followed by surface-to-surface, surface-to-air, air-to-surface, during the forecast period.
- Region wise, Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global missiles and missile defense systems market during 2018-2028, followed by the North American and the European markets.
Reasons To Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global missiels and missile defense systems market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different missile segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global missiles and missile defense systems market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global missiles and missile defense systems market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top missile and missile defense system providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available