Growing awareness and numerous benefits of telematics, advancement in smartphones, high speed internet connectivity, and developed GPS receiver have changed the telematics business rapidly. Moreover, rising awareness about driver’s safety and growing influence of safety regulations imposed by various government organizations in the European Union, Russia, and Brazil have made telematics an essential component for vehicles. The factors such as reduction in the cost of connectivity and increasing market penetration of connected devices such as smartphones, and tablets are contributing to the burgeoning demand for connected cars. The automotive telematics market by volume is estimated to witness a growth at a CAGR of 19% over the period of 2016 to 2022. The report is a compilation of various segmentations including market breakdown by connectivity type, vehicle type, distribution channel, and different geographical areas.
The report details the market analysis and forecast with respect to its various connectivity types such as embedded, tethered, and integrated. While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed study of the different vehicles that are analyzed which includes passenger cars (compact, mid-size, and luxury) and commercial vehicles (LCV, heavy trucks, and heavy buses). Segmentation of market, by the distribution channel (OEM and Aftermarket) is also included in the report. It also details the leading players involved in the industry and provides an overview of future trends and evolution of telematics.
The report answers the following questions about the global automotive telematics market:
- What is the global automotive telematics market size in terms of revenue and volume from 2016-2021?
- What is the dominant type of connectivity used in automotive telematics?
- What is the revenue generated by the different connectivity systems, vehicle type, and distribution channel of automotive telematics market?
- Which vehicle type will lead by volume in the global automotive telematics market by the end of the forecast period?
- What is the revenue generated by the different distribution channelin the global automotive telematicsmarket in the period 2016-2021?
- What will be the different factors driving the market during the forecast period?
- What are the major factors challenging the growth of the global automotive telematics market?
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- Which region will lead the global automotive telematics market by the end of the forecast period?
Various services such as information & navigation, safety & security, entertainment, and remote diagnostics have also been analyzed. The report also highlights the major services and product offerings by different OEMs with major focus on the supply chain analysis.
The report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into NAFTA (the U.S, Canada, Mexico), Europe (Germany, the U.K, France, Italy, Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, and Rest of APAC), South America, and Middle East & Africa. Each geographical region analysis details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that particular region.
The report examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry. The Company Profiles section includes highlights of significant information about the key companies involved along with their financial positions, key strategies & developmental activities of recent years (2014-2017). Some of the key players in the industry are Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), Continental AG (Germany), AT&T Inc.(the U.S), Verizon Communications Inc. (the U.S), TomTom NV (the Netherlands), Teletrac Navman (the U.K), Mix Telematics Ltd (South Africa), Octo Telematics SpA (the U.K), Delphi Automotive PLC (the U.K), Airbiquity Inc. (the U.S), and Wireless Car AB (Sweden).