“The drilling tools market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.75%, from 2017 to 2022.”
The drilling tool market is projected to reach USD 8.61 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 4.75%, from 2017 to 2022. Increasing drilling activities and the development of unconventional hydrocarbon resources along with growing energy demand in Asia Pacific are driving the drilling tools market. High maintenance costs and transition time along with an increasing focus on renewable energy sources act as restraints for the market.
“The drilling tubulars sub-segment of the drilling tools market, by type, is expected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2022.”
The drilling tubulars market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the market can be attributed to the increasing drilled footage and development of deepwater oil & gas blocks in countries such as Brazil and Mexico.
“Asia Pacific: The second-largest drilling tools market.”
Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global drilling tool market during the forecast period due to the increase in drilling activities in China. The country is the largest market in Asia Pacific and is focused on developing its shale gas resources to increase its oil & gas production. The other key markets in Asia Pacific are India, Australia, and Indonesia. Australia aims to be the largest LNG exporting country by 2020 by increasing its gas production.
Breakdown of Primaries
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject-matter experts, C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants, among other experts, to obtain and verify critical qualitative and quantitative information, as well as to assess future market prospects.
The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1- 36%, Tier 2- 40%, Tier 3- 24%
- By Designation: C-Level- 25%, Manager Level- 35%, Others- 40%
- By Region: North America- 25%, Asia Pacific- 20%, South America- 10%, Europe- 15%, Middle East & Africa- 30%
Note: The tiers of the companies have been defined on the basis of their total revenue; as of 2016: Tier 1 = >USD 1 billion, Tier 2 = USD 500 million to USD 1 billion, and Tier 3 =
The report provides a picture of the drilling tools market across the oil & gas industry and different regions. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the market across different segments such as type, application, and region. Furthermore, the report includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market along with their company profiles, recent developments, and key market strategies.
For the purpose of this report, the market has been segmented on the basis of type, application, and region, with a focus on industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking analysis of the top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the drilling tools market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the drilling tools market
Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets; the report analyzes the markets for drilling tools across regions Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the global drilling tools market
Why buy this report?
• The report identifies and addresses key solution operators for drilling tools, which would help solution providers review the growth in the demand for services.
• The report helps solution providers understand the pulse of the market and provides insights into drivers, restraints, and challenges.
• The report will help key players understand the strategies of their competitors better, and will help in making strategic decisions.