Netherlands is the seventh-largest economy in the Eurozone. During the historic period, defense expenditure increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.36% from US$10.1 Billion in 2014. The country’s defense budget is anticipated to average 1.5% of GDP over the forecast period 2019-2023.
Over the forecast-period the Netherlands’ defense expenditure is projected to grow at the rate of 4.07%. Although, military expenditure will be driven by modernization programs and a NATO mandate to spend a minimum of 2% of GDP on defense, The Netherlands is likely to default on this target, allocating an average of 1.5% of GDP to defense over the forecast period.
Defense exports declined during 2014-2016, due to a reduction in procurements by Portugal, Greece, and Italy as a consequence of the weak economic climate. Exports will recover over the forecast period driven by exports outside of Europe, including Jordan, Morocco, the US, Canada, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Oman, Colombia, the Bahamas, and Peru emerging as customers. The Netherlands main defense exports include sensors, naval vessels, armored vehicles, and air defense systems.
Foreign companies can enter the Dutch defense market by establishing joint ventures within the domestic defense industry. Foreign companies can also acquire domestic firms or establish subsidiaries as the government’s FDI policy allows 100% investment. There are also opportunities to establish joint R&D programs involving the Netherlands as a consortium member. Due to defense cuts, collaborations and partnerships are encouraged by the government to save costs.
The report "Future of the Netherlands’ Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023" offers detailed analysis of the The Netherlands defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The Netherlands defense industry market size and drivers: Detailed analysis of the Netherlands defense industry during 2019-2023, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns.
- Budget allocation and key challenges: Insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country.
- Import and Export Dynamics: Analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years.
- Market opportunities: List of the top ten defense investment opportunities over the next 5 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: Analysis of the competitive landscape of the Netherlands defense industry.
Companies mentioned in this report: Fokker Technologies, Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding, TNO Defense, Thales Nederland, Fokker Aerostructures, RH Marine Group, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- The Netherlands is the seventh-largest economy in the Eurozone.
- During the historic period, defense expenditure increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.36%, from US$10.1 billion in 2014 to US$11.1 billion in 2018.
- The country’s defense budget is anticipated to average 1.5% of GDP over the forecast period 2019-2023.
Reasons To Buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Netherlands defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the Netherlands defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Key Trends , and latest industry contracts