Our "Travel and Tourism Industry Business Confidence Report H1 2018", examines executives’ opinion about the business environment during H1 2018. It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region.
The existing economic environment is stable for the travel and tourism industry during H1 2018 (February 2018-July 2018). Globally, 41% of respondents indicate a stable economic state in H1 2018, while 31% highlight that the prevailing economic conditions as favorable for the travel and tourism industry. Increase in spending from the corporate travel sector, and spending on recreation and travel, rising disposable income, and rise in consumer spending activities. In H1 2018, executives expect supplier prices of technology to surge at an average of 3.5% and also foresee a rise in expenditure on new product development and marketing and advertising activities. Additionally, political changes and rising tax burden remain important concerns for the respondents with business operation in North America.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives’ expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyzes travel and tourism industry executives’ opinion about the change in customer confidence during H1 2018
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for H1 2018 among industry executives globally as well as regionally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2018
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
- In total, 41% of survey respondents state that the current economic environment is stable, whereas 31% of respondents indicate a favorable economic climate
- Overall, 13% of respondents who operate in Africa have favorable or very favorable opinions about the region during H1 2018
- The positive outlook towards company growth over the next six months is highest among executives with business operations in North America and Asia Pacific
- 64% of respondents with business operations in Asia-Pacific anticipate a significant increase in consumer confidence during the next six months as compared to previous six month
- Globally, 32% of travel and tourism industry executives expect an increase of 2% to 5.99% in the supplier prices of equipment during the next six months
Reasons To Buy
- Helps organizations to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the travel and tourism industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of travel and tourism industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2018