The global slipped disc market is expected to exhibit potential growth during the forecast period. The key drivers responsible for the market growth are increasing number of spinal injuries, growing awareness of spinal non-fusion procedures and increasing prevalence of obesity.
The global slipped disc market is expected to reach USD 11,011.3 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period.
Global slipped disc market has been segmented on the basis of type which comprises of thoracic herniated discs, lumbar herniated disc and cervical herniated discs. Lumbar herniated disc captured the largest market share which was valued at USD 3,489.8 million in 2016.
On the basis of diagnosis, it is segmented into physical examination, nerve conduction test and imaging tests. Physical examination is the largest segment followed by imaging tests.
On the basis of treatment, this market is segmented into medications, therapy, and surgery. Medications captured the largest market share which was valued at USD 3,515.0 million in 2016.
On the basis regions, the market is segmented into regions namely Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. The largest market share is captured by Americas, majorly due the increasing demand for specialty care services and rapid development of medical device industry.
The leading market players in the global slipped disc market include Captiva Spine, Inc. (U.S.), DePuy Synthes Companies (U.S.), GlaxoSmithKline plc (U.K), Globus Medical, Inc. (U.S.), NuVasive, Inc. (U.S.), Pfizer Inc. (U.S.), and TEVA Pharmaceutical LTD (Israel).
Study objectives of slipped disc market:
- To provide insights about factors influencing and affecting the market growth
- To provide historical and forecast revenues of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to regional and country-level markets
- To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments based on types, products, applications, end users, and its sub-segments.
- To provide strategic profiling of key players in the market, comprehensively analyzing their market share, core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market.
- Medical devices manufacturers
- Medical devices distributors
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Potential investors
- Key executive (CEO and COO) and strategy growth manager
- Imaging tests is the second largest market by type which is projected to grow at the CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period from 2017-2023.
- Medications segment is expected to command the largest market share of around 5.1% in 2016.
- China holds the largest market share in the Asia Pacific slipped disc market and is expected to reach USD 587.0 million by 2023.
The reports also cover country level analysis:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- ·Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Republic of Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Middle East