The high protein trend is gaining traction and will continue to evoke interest in upcoming years due to rising preference for healthy & nutritional diet, clean label trends, growing health & wellness trend, desire for a healthy life, and changing food consumption pattern which creates a significant demand for incorporation of soy protein into various products. Global soy protein market is expected to reach USD 5,888.4 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2022.
Increasing awareness about various benefits of protein and growing demand for protein rich diet, growing health & wellness trend, increasing consumer focus on meat alternatives, growing demand from food & beverage industry, and advancement in ingredient technologies such as microencapsulation are the key market drivers covered in the report which will support the industry growth in the forecast period. Additionally, increasing inclination towards vegan diet and emerging economies such as Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa provides significant opportunity in this market. However, the factors such as preference for animal based protein and fluctuating raw material prices are expected to inhibit the growth of soy protein market to some extent.
The research report on the global soy protein market provides a comprehensive analysis of a major product segments such as soy protein concentrates, soy protein isolates, textured soy protein, and soy flour, grits, & chunks; and application segments such as food & beverages, animal feed, pet food, and others.
Further, an exhaustive analysis of the geographical scenario of the industry for the five major geographies: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa is included in the geographical analysis section. These regions are further analysed at a country level with the detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis. The geographical analysis provides detailed insights on the key trends of the industry in the listed regions & countries, identifying the demographic & economic impact, government & private investments, and regulatory scenario. The report identifies North America to be the largest market followed by Europe and Asia. The geographical analysis section also comments on the key market players shaping the growth of the industry in the respective countries.
North America is the major market in the global soy protein market and is expected to dominate this market during the forecast period, with the U.S. contributing a major share, followed by Europe, and Asia-Pacific. On the other hand, the Asian market, especially China and India are expected to witness a boost in demand for soy protein and are poised to register fastest growth over the next five-six years, as a result of their economic development, increasing protein rich diet awareness, increasing health consciousness, booming food & beverages industry, rapid urbanization, and availability of large base of vegan population.
The report also includes the competitive landscape based on extensive assessment of the key strategic developments adopted by the leading market participants in the industry over the past 3 years (2014-2017). The study has also incorporated the market share analysis of leading players and detailed profiles of top 10 market players across the value chain of the industry including detailed financial performance, product offerings, and strategic growth initiatives of each player.
The key players operating in the global soy protein market are Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Cargill, Incorporated (U.S.), Kerry Group (Ireland), E.I. Dupont De Nemours and Company (U.S.), NOW Foods (NOW Health Group, Inc.) (U.S.), Burcon Nutrascience Corporation (Canada), SOTEXPRO SA (France), Farbest-Tallman Foods Corporation (Farbest Brands) (U.S.), Wilmar International Ltd. (Singapore), and CHS Inc. (U.S.).
Key questions answered in the report:
- How does the adoption of soy protein in food and beverages industry differ from the adoption in animal feed industry?
- What impact does this have on the adoption of soy protein in comparison to other application segments?
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of types, and regions/countries?
- The North American soy protein market favors both larger and local manufacturers that compete in multiple segments
- Who are the top competitors in this market and what strategies do they employ to gain shares?
- What is driving growth and which market segments have the most potential for revenue expansion over the forecast period?
- What strategies should new companies looking to enter this market use to compete effectively?
- What are the major drivers, restrains, and opportunities in the global soy protein market?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
Recent new product launches, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, and expansions taken place in the global soy protein market
- What companies have recently merged/acquired and how will these unions affect the competitive landscape of the global soy protein market?
- Which companies have created partnerships and how will these partnerships promote a competitive advantage?
- Who are the major players in the global soy protein market and what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the local emerging players in the global soy protein market and how do they compete with the global players?
Scope of the Report:
Market by Product type
- Soy Protein Concentrates
- Soy Protein Isolate
- Textured Soy Protein
- Soy Flour, Grits, Chunks
Market by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Meat, Poultry, & Seafood
- Meat Alternatives
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Infant Foods
- Dairy & Dairy Replacements
- Animal Feed
Market by Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of World
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa