Globally, a total of 46 planned and announced floating production storage and offloading units (FPSOs) are expected to start operations by 2021. South America leads with the highest number of planned and announced FPSO additions by 2021 with 26, followed by Africa and Asia with eight and six, respectively. Brazil continues to lead with 24 planned and announced FPSOs, followed by the UK with three. Nigeria, Malaysia, and Angola have two planned and announced FPSOs each.
The start year of five FPSOs was postponed globally, were in no cancellations were announced, seven new FPSOs were announced, and four were stalled. In the African region, a total of five planned, and three announced FPSOs are expected to come online by 2021. Angola and Nigeria have the highest number of FPSOs expected to start operations in the region, with two each and for Asia, five planned, and an announced FPSO are expected to start operations over the next four years. Malaysia leads with two planned FPSOs, followed by China, Vietnam, and India with one planned FPSO each.
Among operators, Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. leads with 23 planned and announced FPSOs, followed by Statoil ASA, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, and Saipem S.p.A., with two FPSOs each.
The report "Q3 2017 Global FPSO Industry Review - Petrobras to Propel Global Deployment of Planned FPSOs", provides forecast of FPSOs that would be brought online by 2021 by key countries and operators and count of FPSOs that were brought online from 2011 to 2017 by key regions in the world, outlook up to 2025. Additionally, it also provides recent developments, tenders and contracts of FPSOs by key regions, where available and details of major planned FPSOs globally up to 2021.
- Count of FPSOs that were brought online from 2011 to 2017 by key regions in the world, outlook up to 2025
- Forecast of FPSOs that would be brought online by 2021 by key countries and operators
- Details of major planned FPSOs globally up to 2021
- Recent developments, tenders and contracts of FPSOs by key regions, where available
Reasons To Buy
- Obtain the most up to date information available on the planned FPSO projects globally
- Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecasts of FPSO data
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights about the planned FPSO projects globally
- Assess your competitor’s planned FPSO projects and capacities
- Be informed about recent developments, tenders and contracts in the FPSO industry.