“The fat replacers market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2%”
The fat replacers market is estimated at USD 1.48 billion in 2017, and is projected to reach USD 2.01 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2017. The market is driven by factors such as health & wellness concerns and increase in rate of obesity. Compliance with international standards and regulations for food ingredients are the major factors restraining the growth of the fat replacers market.
“The bakery & confectionery products segment led the fat replacers market, by application, in 2016”
Fat replacers play an important role in the bakery & confectionery industry. Consumers in developed regions such as North America and Europe have become increasingly conscious about leading a healthy lifestyle. This trend has led to the reduction of fat content in bakery & confectionery products, leading to the demand for fat replacers. Protein-based fat replacers are widely used in bakery & confectionery products. Thus, increased usage of protein-based fat replacers is expected to help the fat replacers market grow in the bakery & confectionery industry.
“North America to dominate the fat replacers market through 2022”
Factors such as change in consumer attitude toward health products and increase in adoption of low-fat & low-calorie content foods to improve health drive the fat replacers market in the North American region. This trend is witnessed in the US and Canada. Carbohydrate-based fat replacers are highly used in food products in North America, owing to their GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) status.
The breakdown of the primaries on the basis of company type, designation, and region, conducted during the research study, is mentioned as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: Director Level – 55%, C Level – 35%, and Manager Level – 10%
- By Region: Asia Pacific – 20%, Europe – 30%, North America – 45%, and RoW – 5%
Key players are as follows:
The global fat replacers market is dominated by key players such as ADM (US), DuPont (US), Cargill (US), Kerry Group (Ireland), FMC Corporation (US), Ingredion (US), Koninklijke DSM (Netherlands), and Ashland Inc (US).
Fat replacers, on the basis of type, are segmented into carbohydrate-based, protein-based, and lipid-based. The applications of fat replacers studied are bakery & confectionery products, dairy & frozen desserts, convenience foods & beverages, sauces, dressings, and spreads, and others (functional foods and processed meat). On the basis of form, powder and liquid are considered. On the basis of source, fat replacers are segmented into plant and animal. On the basis of region, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons To Buy this report
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses?industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape?emerging and high-growth segments of the global fat replacers market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report provides insights on the following:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on fat replacers offered by top players in the global market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming equipment products, technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the fat replacers market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets.
- Market Diversification: In-depth information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the global fat replacers market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market share, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global fat replacers market