“PDX models market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 16.7%”
The global PDX models market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 16.7% from 2017 to 2022, to reach USD 167.6 million. The key factors driving the growth of the overall PDX models market include the growing demand for personalized medicine, continuous support for cancer research from the public as well as private sectors, and growth in the number of R&D activities in the pharmaceutical industry. However, the high cost of personalized PDX models and stringent guidelines regarding the ethical use of animals in cancer research are expected to restrain the growth of this market during the forecast period.
“The respiratory tumor models segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
Based on tumor type, the PDX models market is segmented into gastrointestinal tumor models, gynecological tumor models, respiratory tumor models, urological tumor models, hematological tumor models, and other tumor models such as head & neck cancer, sarcoma, and melanoma. During the forecast period, the respiratory tumor models segment is expected to register the highest CAGR. Growth in this segment is mainly driven by the increasing focus of market players on generating lung cancer PDX models, which could lead to a breakthrough in lung cancer treatment, as lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related deaths across the globe.
“Asia Pacific to witness the highest growth during the forecast period”
Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR in the global PDX models market during the forecast period of 2017–2022. Strong research expenditure and the well-structured CRO industry in China, growth in biomedical & medical research in Japan, rising pharmaceutical R&D expenditure in India, and rising translational and biomedical research in Singapore are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
• By Company Type – Tier 1–55%, Tier 25%, and Tier 20%
• By Designation – C-level–43%, Director Level–32%, Others–25%
• By Region – North America–38%, Europe–23%, Asia-Pacific–29%, RoW–10%
The various players in the PDX models market include Crown Bioscience Inc. (US), WuXi AppTec (China), Champions Oncology, Inc. (US), The Jackson Laboratory (US), ONCODESIGN (France), Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. (US), EPO Berlin-Buch GmBH (Germany), Shanghai LIDE Biotech Co., Ltd. (China), Xentech (France), Horizon Discovery Group PLC (UK), Urolead (France), and Explora BioLabs (US).
The report analyzes the PDX models market and aims at estimating the market size and the future growth potential of this market based on various segments such as type, tumor type, application, end user, and region. The report also includes competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product and service offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them, garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product and service portfolios offered by the top players in the global PDX models market
• Service Enhancement/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends and service launches in the global PDX models market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets by type, tumor type, application, end user, and region
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new services or service enhancements, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global PDX models market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of growth strategies, products, and services of leading players in the market