The periodontal disease is the most common clinical condition in cats and dogs. This disease can lead to serious health concerns ranging from tooth loss to organ failure. Approximately, 70% of cats and 80% of dogs develop some form of periodontal disease by the time they’re 3 years old, according to AVMA. However, pet owners are becoming increasingly aware of their pets’ teeth and mouths as part of overall animal health, and are looking for effective product solutions from the pet industry to help them maintain their furry companion’s oral health.
Regular vet check-ups and preventative home care can improve pet oral health. There’s always daily tooth brushing, and the AVMA and other organizations, as well as individual veterinarians, provide tutorials and encouragement that focuses on just tooth brushing. However, according to a DSM pet owner survey, only 16% of dog owners clean their pets’ teeth every day, driving the need for pet products that provide a more complete approach to oral care, and this need has given rise to products such as dental treats, water additives, dental wipes, and breath fresheners among others.
The global pet oral care products market will increase at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2017 to 2022 to $2,212.2 million by 2022, driven by increasing pet ownership, rising awareness among pet owners about their pet’s health, and increasing pet insurance. In addition, premiumization of pet care market, rising disposable income, and westernization in developing nations further drives the global pet oral care products market. However, high cost of some pet oral care products, lack of awareness about pet’ health in developing nations, and cultural & regulatory challenges hinders the growth of market to some extent.
The global pet oral care products market is mainly segmented by product type (Dental Chew, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Mouthwash/Rinse, Additives, and Others), by animal type (Dog, Cat, and horses), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa). These regions are further analyzed at a country level.
The key players in the global pet oral care products market are AllAccem Inc., Colgate- Palmolive Company, Dechra Pharmaceuticals plc., Petzlife Products, imRex Inc., Virbac, Nestl? Purina PetCare (Part of Nestle), Merial (part of BoehringerIngelheim), Healthymouth LLC, Vetoquinol SA, CevaSanteAnimale S.A, and Mars, Incorporated.
Key questions answered in the report-
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of product type, animal type, and regions?
- What is the historical market for pet oral care products market across the globe?
- What are the market forecasts and estimates from the period 2015-2022?
- What are the major drivers, restrains, threats, and opportunities in the global pet oral care products market?
- What are the burning issues of the global pet oral care products market?
- Who are the major players in the global pet oral care products market and what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the competitive landscapes and who are the market leaders by sub-region in the global pet oral care products market?
- What are the recent developments in the global pet oral care products market?
- What are the different strategies adopted by the major players in the global pet oral care products market?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
- Who are the local emerging players in the global pet oral care products market and how do they compete with the global players?