“Stringency of vehicle safety legislations in developed regions, increasing demand for premium and luxury segment cars in developing regions, and growing demand for fleet management services across the globe to fuel the demand for in-dash navigation system market”
The global in-dash navigation system market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.74% from 2017 to 2022, to reach USD 17.53 billion by 2022. The major factors driving the growth of this market include the increased production of vehicles, electrification of vehicles, government regulations regarding use of embedded navigation, and increasing purchasing power of people in developing economies. Also, the new vehicle emission norms are encouraging the automakers to produce more fuel-efficient vehicles, which in turn is increasing the demand for in-dash navigation system. Navigation systems play a major role in providing information about traffic jams and shortest routes to reach the desired destination. This information helps to reduce fuel consumption and waiting time at traffic jams and traffic signals. However, the non-availability of supporting infrastructure may pose a challenge to the growth of the in-dash navigation system market.
“Increasing number of joint ventures and mergers would drive the in-dash navigation system market in Asia-Pacific region”
Asia-Pacific is estimated to hold the largest share, by value and volume, of the in-dash navigation system market in 2017. Also, in terms of growth, the Asia-Pacific market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Developing economies such as China and India are expected to play a major role due to the increasing vehicle production. Also, increasing demand from customers to have mobile phone like features in automobiles is expected to drive the market for in-dash navigation system in the region.
“2D Maps –To remain Predominant during the forecast period”
The 2D maps technology accounts for the largest market share, by volume, of the global in-dash navigation system market, followed by 3D maps. This ranking is expected to remain the same during the forecast period. A standard car is equipped with the 2D maps technology as the 3D maps technology is more expensive and complicated to implement. On the other hand, the global vehicle production is increasing moderately at an annual growth rate of 5%–7%. This addition of new vehicles each year is expected to add volume to the in-dash navigation system market during the forecast period.
The study contains insights of various industry experts, ranging from component suppliers to Tier 1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 42%, Tier 2 – 38%, Tier 3– 20%
- By Designation: C level – 35%, D level – 28%, Others – 37%
- By Region: North America – 28%, Europe – 22%, Asia-Pacific – 40%, RoW – 10%
Major players profiled in the report are:
• Continental AG (Germany)
• Delphi Automotive (U.K.)
• Denso Corporation (Japan)
• Robert Bosch (Germany)
• TomTom (Netherlands)
• Luxoft (Switzerland)
• Harman International (U.S.)
• Alpine Electronics (Japan)
• Garmin Ltd. (U.S)
• Pioneer Corporation (Japan)
• Mitsubishi Electric (Japan)
• Clarion (Japan)
The report segments the in-dash navigation system market and forecasts its size, by volume and value, on the basis of region (Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and RoW), component type (display unit, antenna module, control module, and wiring harness), technology type (2D and 3D maps), vehicle type (passenger cars, LCV, and HCV), connected navigation services type (real time traffic data and directions information services, fleet management services, and others) and electric vehicle type (BEV, HEV, and PHEV). The qualitative analysis of advanced features is also provided.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
This report contains various levels of analysis, including industry analysis (industry trends, Porter’s Five Forces, and competitor leadership mapping), and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging and high growth segments of the in-dash navigation system market, competitive landscape, high-growth regions and countries, government initiatives, and market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report enables new entrants and smaller firms as well as established firms to understand the market better to help them to acquire a larger market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned four strategies (market development, product development/innovation, market diversification, and competitive assessment) to strengthen their position in the market.
The report provides insights into the following points:
- Market Penetration: The report offers comprehensive information about the in-dash navigation system market and the top 12 players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: The report provides detailed insights into upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the in-dash navigation system market.
- Market Development: The report offers comprehensive information about in-dash navigation system market. The report analyzes the market for in-dash navigation system across regions and provides comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets.
- Market Diversification: The report provides exhaustive information about new products, untapped regional markets, recent developments, and investments in the in-dash navigation system market.