“Global overactive bladder treatment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.9%.”
The global overactive bladder treatment market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.9% from 2017 to 2022, to reach USD 4.19 billion by 2022. The key factors driving the growth of this market include the rising prevalence of overactive bladder (OAB) coupled with the growing geriatric population and rising neurological disorders, namely, Parkinson’s Disease (PD), stroke, and multiple sclerosis (MS). However, the undesired systemic effects of current OAB treatments may hinder the growth of the market to a certain extent during the forecast period.
“The neurostimulation and BOTOX treatment segments are expected to grow at the highest CAGR.”
On the basis of pharmacotherapy, the overactive bladder treatment market is segmented into anticholinergics, mirabegron, BOTOX, and neurostimulation. The neurostimulation and BOTOX treatment segments are expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period. The growth of these segments is mainly due to the higher efficacy and longevity of the treatment effects as compared to anticholinergics.
“The solifenacin to dominate the global overactive bladder treatment market during the forecast period.”
Based on anticholinergic drugs, the overactive bladder treatment market is further classified into darifenacin, fesoterodine, oxybutynin, solifenacin, tolterodine, trospium, and other anticholinergics (imidafenacin, emepronium, flavoxate, meladrazine, terodiline, propiverine, and desfesoterodine). Solifenacin is expected to command for the largest share of the global overactive bladder treatment market owing to its efficacy as compared to other drugs of its class.
“RoAPAC to witness the highest growth during the forecast period (2017-2022)”
The U.S. held the largest share of the global overactive bladder treatment market in 2016, while the Rest of Asia-Pacific (RoAPAC) is expected to witness the highest growth during 2017 to 2022. Growing healthcare expenditure in countries like India, China, and Singapore; favorable demographics; and aggressive marketing by pharma companies leading to rising awareness on OAB are the key factors responsible for the growth of this market in the RoAPAC region.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
- By Company Type – Tier 1–60%, Tier 2–25% and Tier 3–15%
- By Designation – C-level–17%, Director Level–45%, Others–38%
- By Region – North America–42%, Europe–28%, Asia-Pacific–17%, RoW–13%
Some of the major market players in the overactive bladder treatment market are Astellas Pharma, Inc. (Japan), Pfizer, Inc. (U.S.), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (Israel), Allergan, Plc (Ireland), Medtronic plc (Ireland), Mylan N.V. (U.S.), Endo International plc (Ireland), Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc. (Japan), Sanofi (France), Aurobindo Pharma Limited (India), Apotex, Inc. (Canada), and Cogentix Medical, Inc. (U.S.).
The report analyzes the overactive bladder treatment market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market based on various segments such as pharmacotherapy, disease type, and region. The report also includes an in-depth regulatory analysis for various regions across the globe and competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them, garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or any combination of the below-mentioned five strategies.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the global overactive bladder treatment market. The report analyzes the global overactive bladder treatment market by pharmacotherapy, disease type, and region.
- Product Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends and new product launches in the global overactive bladder treatment market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets by pharmacotherapy, disease type, and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global overactive bladder treatment market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, and drugs in pipeline of leading players in the global market