The Southeast Asian Building Management Systems (BMS) market is currently in the nascent stage and is expected to grow strongly at a CAGR of 10.2% between 2016 and 2022. Increased energy efficiency and operational cost savings achieved through adoption of BMS is increasing the demand, while regulation and policies further support the growth of this market.
Buildings are structures with several interdependent systems. These systems, for example lighting, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), and security systems, need to communicate and coordinate with each other for efficient operation. In most traditional buildings, these systems exist in silos, leading to lot of energy wastage. BMS help bring all these different systems together on a common platform, leading to optimized building operation. These systems have the potential to reduce energy by 40% and operation costs by up to 30%.
Market trends are analyzed for the study period of 2013 to 2022, with the base year being 2016. This study segments BMS into Building Automation Systems (BAS), Energy Management Systems (EMS), and Emergency Security and Automation Systems (ESAS). The split in revenue by segment—hardware, software, and engineering, installation, and commissioning is also discussed. The total market revenue is also segmented by the use of BMS in commercial and industrial buildings.
Companies mentioned in the BMS market competitive landscape include Siemens, Honeywell, Schneider Electric, and Johnson Controls among others. In addition to industry challenges and drivers and restraints in the market, this study also highlights key market enablers in specific countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Market revenues are also analyzed individually in the above-mentioned Southeast Asian countries.
In addition to the market growth and trend analysis, the study enlists growth opportunities in this market and how companies in the market can capitalize on these emerging opportunities.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• What is the current market scenario for BMS in Southeast Asia?
• Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• Who is leading the market and who are the competitors?
• Who are the different value chain participants, what are their roles?
• What are the different sales distribution channels that are present in the BMS market?
• Which countries in Southeast Asia have the potential to grow during the next five years and what are the regional trends?
• What are the opportunities for growth in this region?
• What are the impacts of technological development on market growth?