"Success Case Study: Milk Makeup" is part of GlobalData’s Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of the brand. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
A lifestyle-focused positioning that combines functionality with unique style entices independent and individualistic Millennials. Their seek for unique products opens opportunities for “independent” beauty brands with an “edgy” yet minimalistic style that stands out from the commercial image promoted by big make-up and skincare players.
- The make-up and skincare brand was started in the Milk photo studio - a hub for well-known photographers and designers. It initially launched in 50 US Sephora stores in March 2016 and, after just six months, tripled its presence, with a global expansion plan set for 2018.
- The lifestyle-focused brand image revolves around freedom, diversity, and inclusivity, allowing its users to express their personal brand and project their desired lifestyle or life principles.
- The products can be applied without any tools, do not require touch-ups, and come in wear-and-tear resistant packaging, catering to busy Millennials.
- Including fashion-forward shades, innovative application methods, or a fun positioning into trending product formats ensures strong differentiation.
Reasons To Buy
- Increase the chance of success by learning from brands/products that have performed well: successful innovation can enhance profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.