Global naval vessels and surface combatants market is valued at US$36.4 Billion in 2017, and will grow at a CAGR of 2.97%, to a value of US$48.8 Billion by 2027. The cumulative market for global naval vessels and surface combatants is anticipated to value US$446.7 Billion over the forecast period. The demand for naval vessels and surface combatants is anticipated to be driven by high levels of expenditure by emerging economies in the Asia Pacific region, such as India and China. The North American region is expected to maintain its leading position, exhibiting a steady pace of growth over the forecast period.
In terms of segments, the naval vessels and surface combatants market is split into five segments: aircraft carriers, amphibious ships, corvettes, destroyers, and frigates. During the forecast period, corvettes are expected to account for the largest share of spending, accounting for 25.7% of the overall global market. Spending in this segment will be largely driven by procurement programs in the North American region, followed by investments in Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East.
Naval vessels and surface combatants market is expected to be led by North America with a share of 39.5% over the forecast period, followed by Asia Pacific with a share of 27.7% and Europe with 23.2%. The Middle Eastern market for naval vessels and surface combatants is projected to account for 5.0% of the global naval vessels and surface combatants market, followed by the Latin American and African markets with shares of 3.1% and 1.5% respectively.
Global naval vessels and surface combatants market is dominated by North America, and the US is the largest spender in the sector. Overall, North America will spend US$176.5 Billion on naval vessels and surface combatants programs during the forecast period. Asia Pacific represents the second-largest market, with total naval vessels and surface combatants spending valued at US$123.5 Billion over the forecast period.
The report “The Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market 2017-2027” offers detailed analysis of the Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market over the next ten years, and provides market size forecasts. Furthermore, it covers key technological and market trends in the industry, and analyzes factors influencing demand for naval vessels.
- Overview: Snapshot of the naval vessels and surface combatants market during 2017-2027, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments.
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the naval vessels and surface combatants market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the naval vessels and surface combatants market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each sector
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the naval vessels and surface combatants market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
- Trend Analysis - Key Defense Market: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the naval vessel segments expected to be in demand in each region.
- Key Program Analysis: details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period
- Competitive landscape analysis: Analysis of competitive landscape of the global naval vessels and surface combatants industry. It provides an overview of key defense
companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Fincantieri, BAE Systems, Hyundai Heavy Industries, PO Sevmash, ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems AG, Thales, Lockheed Martin Corporation, ASC Pty Ltd., Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), Abu Dhabi Shipbuilding, DCNS, Navantia, General Dynamics, Austal, Mazagon Docks Limited.
- Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market is projected to register a CAGR of 2.97% over 2017-2027.
- In terms of categories, the Corvettes segment is anticipated to account for the largest share of expenditure globally, with a market share of
25.7% followed by the Destroyers segment with a share of 23.6%. Frigates and Aircraft Carriers are anticipated to account
for the third and fourth largest segments of expenditure with a share of 23.5% and 14.2% respectively over the forecast period. The remaining market
share of 13% is expected to be constituted by the Amphibious Ships segment.
Reasons To Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global naval vessels and surface combatants market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different naval vessel segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global naval vessels and surface combatants market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global naval vessels and surface combatants market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top naval vessels providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available