“Growth in connected vehicles and rising demand for enhanced user experience and convenience features to fuel the demand for automotive cockpit electronics market”
The global automotive cockpit electronics market is projected to reach a market size of USD 51.54 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 8.60% from 2017 to 2022. The major factors driving the growth of this market include the growth in connected cars, rising demand for enhanced user experience and convenience features, and integration of smartphones with vehicles. The rising trend of hybrid vehicles equipped with advanced automotive cockpit electronics systems is also an important factor to be considered.
“The instrument cluster is estimated to be the largest segment of the automotive cockpit electronics market in terms of volume”
The instrument cluster is estimated to hold the largest market size, by volume, of the automotive cockpit electronics market in 2017. This is due to the rise in demand for automobiles across the globe, with every vehicle equipped with a basic or advanced instrument cluster. Infotainment & navigation is estimated to have the second largest market share in the automotive cockpit electronics market as the demand for premium features is increasing rapidly in the automotive industry.
“The Mid-Priced Passenger Vehicle is estimated to be the largest segment”
The mid-priced passenger vehicle is estimated to hold the largest market size during the forecast period. This is because most of the mid-priced passenger vehicles are now equipped with the infotainment unit, combiner HUD, and basic telematics applications. These systems were initially equipped in the luxury vehicles only. The reducing cost of components along with increasing competition among major players across the ecosystem has also helped to reduce the overall cost of electronics systems. This has led to the inclusion of these features in the mid-priced passenger vehicles at an affordable price.
“Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the largest market for automotive cockpit electronics in terms of volume”
In 2017, the largest regional market for automotive cockpit electronics is the Asia-Pacific market. The market growth in the region can be attributed to the rising disposable income in developing countries like India and China and demand for premium and comfort features. The Asia-Pacific market is also the fastest growing market, in terms of value. It is dominated by China, a key market for automotive cockpit electronics in the region.
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts, ranging from automotive cockpit electronics manufacturers to automobile OEMs and various automotive associations. The break–up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier I–56%, Tier II–29% and Tier III–15%
- By Designation: C Level–41%, D Level–32% and Manager level–27%
- By Region: Asia-Pacific-36%, Europe-36%, North America-19%, RoW-9%
Players profiled in the report are:
• Alpine Electronics, Inc.
• Continental AG
• Delphi Automotive PLC
• Denso Corporation
• Garmin International, Inc.
• Harman International
• Magneti Marelli S.p.A.
• Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd
• Panasonic Corporation
• Pioneer Corporation
• Robert Bosch GmBH
• TomTom International BV
• Visteon Corporation
• Yazaki Corporation
The report covers the global automotive cockpit electronics market by product (Head-Up Display, Information Display, Infotainment & Navigation, Instrument Cluster, Telematics, and Others), type (Basic Cockpit Electronics and Advanced Cockpit Electronics), fuel (BEV, ICE, and Others), end market (economic passenger cars, luxury passenger cars, and mid-priced passenger cars), and region (Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and RoW).
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report provides insights into the following points:
- Market Penetration: The report provides comprehensive information on automotive cockpit electronics offered by the top players in the industry.
- Regulatory Framework: The report offers detailed insights into norms leading to the application of cockpit electronics such as telematics control unit and the effect of the regulations on the market.
- Market Development: The report provides comprehensive information on various cockpit electronics technology trends. The report analyzes the markets for various automotive cockpit electronics technologies across the countries.
- Market Diversification: The report provides exhaustive information about emerging technologies, recent developments, and investments in the global automotive cockpit electronics market.
- Competitive Assessment: The report offers an in-depth assessment of strategies, services, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global automotive cockpit electronics market.