The proliferation of devices, increased use of cloud-based applications, video applications, and other data-hungry services are contributing to the increased bandwidth requirements of enterprises. The growth of the wholesale Ethernet services market in Europe during the forecast period (2017-2021) is expected to be driven by increased enterprise need to meet the requirements of higher-bandwidth applications such as cloud-based and data-heavy workloads. The European wholesale services market is expected to grow rapidly at a CAGR (2016–2021) of 10.9%.
Research Methodology & Scope
We conducted detailed primary interviews with leading Ethernet service providers, analysed their quarterly and annual reports, and utilized internal databases to perform a detailed revenue analysis of the wholesale market. The resulting revenue market size reflects a sum total of the estimates for individual companies.
The study highlights growth drivers and restraints for the period 2016–2021 and analyses the market from a geographic perspective. It also analyses the competitive landscape, delving into the competitive parameters in the market.
Key forecasts and analyses covered in the study include the following:
Total market (wholesale Ethernet)
- Wholesale Ethernet Segments
- Service type (dedicated versus switched)
- Service configuration (EPL, EVPL and E-LAN)
- Port speed (10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 1 GigE, and 100Gbps)
- Transport length (metro and long haul)
- Competitive landscape analyses (market share, market trends, provider profiles)
- Regional analyses (UK, Germany, France, Benelux, Spain, Italy, Rest of Europe)
- Main opportunities for growth in the market and strategic imperatives for growth and success
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
- What is the total size of the wholesale Ethernet services market in Europe and how is it expected to grow from 2017 to 2021?
- What are the main growth drivers for Ethernet? What challenges should providers overcome to gain market share?
- How does the market grow by service type (dedicated compared to switched), by service configuration (EPL, EVPL, and E-LAN), and by port
- speed (10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 1GigE, and 10 Gbps and 100Gbps)?
- What is the rate of Ethernet services adoption across European countries and how is this expected to change over the forecast period?
- Which are the main providers in the Ethernet services market in Europe? What are the competitive strategies adopted by providers to increase